New, current updated Michigan thread.

Hey, also there is an '87 National at Yono's Classic Car dealer on Farmington and Grand River out here in Farmington....pretty rough shape, really faded, some rust, interior is okay (6 out of 10).....its been there for about 3 months now.....would be a really good parts car. Or and aggressive restoration candidate. I hate to see and GN be parted out....wanted to let the group know about this GN.......

http://www.ybsautobrokers.com/newandusedcars.aspx

Craig

Sounds good to me! And growing up Woodward was always the dividing line between the "East side" and the "West side". :) Where do you live again WilliamsGN?
And I'm not sure your knock sensor is working correctly lol. There isn't enough cylinder pressure to cause constant kr is there?
And if your alt. terminal is heat soaked, do you have the little black plastic cover that's supposed to be there?

Like what? I know I could use maybe a translator and a maf cause mine is stock but that's pretty expensive. Maybe my torque converter is restricting a lot of potential. I don't know but I just turned up my boost to about 14psi and it pulls little harder and I didn't pick up any knock. Maybe my timing is too advanced right now?
How are you fueling the car (pump, fuel lines, injectors etc.) TA33 is small (support 450 fwhp?) but the housings can be worked. Throttle body can be opened to 62mm and throttle shaft seals replaced. The exhaust manifolds "wink" at the joints in most cases. What down pipe and or elbow do you have? I'm sure the stock MAF has seen better days.

If it's the stock maf, it's most likely not running the way it should be. And don't worry about porting the TB on a little TA33 turbo for now, as it will flow enough for now but 450 fwhp? These cars are rear wheel drive.
Hot airs need just about every trick in the book to get some good power but if you want power on the cheap, you'll need a converter, alky with a chip, fuel pump hot wire, possibly new maf and translator if the stocker isn't running right and all the heat management mods. (160 t-stat, f bod rad & electric fans) That's the shortest route to power. Only the ULTRA lucky guys make decent RELIABLE power with any of those mods missing.
It look like a long list but it's not bad actually. Just to keep her running nice (if your maf's ok still) is a chip, a hotwire kit, and a 160 t-stat with some distilled water and RMI25.

Does anyone have an 84/85 alternator I could borrow for an hour or two just to make sure my alternator isn't bad?

I'm gonna try and make it out, but I'm selling my house so I may have showings. My car prob won't be ready by then though.

"Does anyone have an 84/85 alternator I could borrow for an hour or two just to make sure my alternator isn't bad?" Is the 87 the same alternator? If so I have an extra.

"I'm gonna try and make it out, but I'm selling my house so I may have showings. My car prob won't be ready by then though."
Ya don't need your car, just you. The meetings aren't necessarily cruises although they can be during the summer months, they're just meet ups to keep everyone current, to discuss car problems, sell shit they don't need any more, or to invite others over for a diagnosis or install party. And of course to have a few adult beverages as well.

"So whose coming to the Moose on Sat and are they bringing their TRs ?" I'm coming, but only drive the Buick if it's a crystal clear day with zero clouds and the weather report says no rain for that day and the next day after.

Last edited:
Well if you guys want to get together, post up... not really worth a 40 minute drive from here for 3 of us.