New car

kinda. The guy lives in the next city over. He is the only guy that does buick work within 200 miles. He said he can build me a decent 200 for 1800 but the 2600 he said is completly built.

other than the shift kit (which came with the car) there is no other trans work. Thanks for the replies, off to bed talk to you later.

Ill let you know what happens and good luck with your car.

I have nothing useful to say about the price of the Vette but I will say this much...

My friends all like vettes and they like my GN. The comments I usually get are "vettes are everywhere, everyone has one. Your Buick is rare and turns heads."

I have to agree with them and I think the Buick is/can be just as much fun as a Vette.

Take a lawn chair and sit at a busy intersection for three hours. Count the number of vettes, mustangs, etc that roll by and compare that to the number of TR's that go past.

Do you want to be "just another vette owner" or do you want to be the owner of that...big...um...fast black car....

My .02

i think we decided to keep the car. Its going to need some trans work but i guess it will get there.

Sounds like the car has most of the options. It has the 2LZ which is the Navigation+ more. Does it have polished wheels?
Not to be rude, crude, & socially unacceptable, but I don't think 2LZ includes Nav. Nav is an additional option over 2LZ. HTH

I have been using a '02 Z06 for a daily driver for about 7 years or so. I will always have the Buick for an occasional driver / toy. The only other thing that I would rather have than the Z06 would be a '04 or newer extremely low mileage Merc S55, and that is somewhat of a possibility if I find one.

Eh, something about a new/used Vette wouldn't turn me on. I know the Z06 is an awesome performing car but where are you going to do 200MPH? For $45k, you can get a regular C6 brand new and be the original owner.

Eh, something about a new/used Vette wouldn't turn me on. I know the Z06 is an awesome performing car but where are you going to do 200MPH? For $45k, you can get a regular C6 brand new and be the original owner.
How many C6's have you driven?, & how many were C6 Z06's? They corner, too, and the stock handling ability, (I believe about 1.03 on a skidpad) far exceed about 98% of drivers, me included. Especially me, but I do enjoy mine in a spirited freeway on ramp or off ramp.

I drove a regular C6 when my father was loking at them but didn't get a chance to really open it up. All I was saying was I would rather have new Corvette than a used one.

car/trans

Nothing wrong with a vette atleast it is american and fast. Two seater though not practical just made to cruise and do it fast. It is all about what you want to spend your money on.

In the heavy turbo buick imo the transmission is one of the top most important things to have especially when your modifications have increased your power substantially. The stock trans was indadequate by far. One hard pull and your trans slips and you could destroy your motor by throwing a rod, breaking a timing chain, bending valves, etc. Major rebuild with major costs. Plus a proper built trans helps you apply the power your making faster. There are a couple great trans guys who are vendors on this board. Lonnie Diers of extreme automatics has provided us with great transmissions for all sorts of cars and there is Brian who I hear good things about as well. Do some research and good luck on whatever you decide to build whether you keep the buick or buy the vette.

thanks guys for all the posts. I have a trans guy thats ready when i want to take him the car. Ive always liked vettes but could never get the wife to bite on one. She finally said yes but the two seats are an issue. The buick rear seats are not good for me due to previous owner pulling out the seat belts. It looks like he pulled them completely out including the mounting hardware and welded metal over the area to give it a clean look. Im not to worried about the z being used. Im the 3rd owner on the buick. All my cars are used. Ive driven a stock c6 and a z06 and the z is awsome. The C6 is fast but not like the Z. My friends stock 02 z is a good match for a c6 but gets wopped by a new Z. Anyway the new z looks just more agressive and sick. Thanks again guys i just want to see what you guys would do. Im leaning more towards keeping the GN. Ill let you guys know when decide.

box, you have a 10sec -set-up, that tranny will make the differnce. let me know bud. good luck:)

yeah, im lookin into getting a th400 built for me. I know a place to get the work done. Time to start saving:D