New Buick Guy

I'll be there Saturday for Sure as for Friday will have to see bout that one depending on when our's finishes as for Saturday should be a good day to wrench. and what a nice Bday present that will be having the 87 back up and running.

I was looking at the twin kit. I really like the spool up time of the twins, but the ceramic ball bearing turbo spools up pretty quick to. Will have to see on the funds which way I go. Goin with the F.A.S.T set up so will tune easy

your keeping the V6 Correct? your not thinking of maybe a V8 Turbo in it are you?

good man got some fast sbc guys here on island though with a whole lot of knowledge. you met one last night with the trailer

the S-10 pics, 9.50's pump gas on the bottle
SilverS-10.jpg

Silvers102.jpg

Silvers101.jpg

Hey Ron, welcome to the board. Nice looking S-10 you have there. BTW, I was the previous owner of Robbie's 87 T, send me a PM or email if you have any questions about the history of the car.:cool:

Welcome to the board bud. Depending on what you want to do will depend on the parts you get. I ran loww 11s with my combo and am hoping to hit 10s now that i am going with a different cam and such. One major thing that helped me was my powerstroke diesel intercooler instal I dropped 1.10 seconds with just that swap over the stock intercooler and all the parts ran me a total of 250 to set it up. I run a gt3361E from Precision and it is the equivalent to a PT61, but with the bigger turbine housing. I have a max effort 16 position chip which I live by. That brought me down almost a full second once I tuned the chip in right. You can shave off about a tenth if you put a 9" k & n cone filter in the front left corner of the engine bay and pop out the high beam bulb when you race. I run 28lbs of boost on drag radials, with the AC on. I got exact pics of how to install the powerstroke intercoolers, and can get them to you if you cna go that route. Over all that intercooler has more surface area than a lot of the intercooler kits out there, whcih is why it drops your ET so muhc, the only downside is some cutting has to occur unless you cut the pipes off and weld them into a different spot. Trans; get it built, LOL. All that is need is a heavy duty input drum, other than that a standard rebuild is alright, and I reccomend going with a Art Carr 19930 non-lock-up converter. You will build boost instantly with that converter. Alcohol injection, I suggest razors aky kit, very easy to install and very nice design and is user friendly....thanks Julio. But me my rear end is stock on Nitto 555R radials with a built tranny i xplained earlier and my combo it 11s, that was with the 20 year old worn internals. Now I am having it rebuiult with 30 over forged pistons, 208/208 cam etc. and am hoping to be able to dip into the 10s. That is my suggestion. If ya wanna call me my cell is 651-775-9260. I am out of Minnesota. Once again welcome to the board, and i'd like to see a video of er when she's finished :biggrin:

Brandon

These cars need alittle bit more finesse than juicing a SBC. Good luck with your quest daily driver being in the 10's. The parts are very expensive, not like ordering things from Summit. There's a lot of good info on this board !!!!

We got tired of pushing the envelope on every run, so we decide to go a cheaper route with the SBC. Plus we had to keep up with those dang Stangs !!! :biggrin:

yah, I know. these motors are picky. I plan on doing it all right. And am seeing the prices. They aren't that bad. My turbod Mustang cost more for parts then these do. I think it will be quite easy to make it a 10 sec driver. The biggest thing is getting the set up right and the Tuning. Working the set info out now and I plan on running the F.A.S.T set up and will tune it my self on a dyno. I can use any info and help anyone wants to offer. I am reading alot and seeing what is working for others and waht isn't. But think I have a basic setup to reach my goal picked out. We'll see. Thanks guys

Good meeting you all last night. i plan on coming again if thats cool. I wasn't really ready to play, but I did get the tranny out in 40 min flat! lol. See you guys soon.

What happened to the S-10 pics? I wanted to check it out again..... Please repost. Thanks!

Turbo'dBuick said:
yah, I know. these motors are picky. I plan on doing it all right. And am seeing the prices. They aren't that bad. My turbod Mustang cost more for parts then these do. I think it will be quite easy to make it a 10 sec driver. The biggest thing is getting the set up right and the Tuning. Working the set info out now and I plan on running the F.A.S.T set up and will tune it my self on a dyno. I can use any info and help anyone wants to offer. I am reading alot and seeing what is working for others and waht isn't. But think I have a basic setup to reach my goal picked out. We'll see. Thanks guys

Hey Ron,
Check out the GN/T-Type website for some performance recipes. They have a wealth of info on this site. ;)
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html