New Billet 67 Poll - What are you running and how do you like it?

Which billet PTE turbo are you running?

• 6765 journal bearing

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 6765 double ball bearing

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 6768 (67 HPQ) journal bearing

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 6768 (67 HPQ) double ball bearing

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Old School 67 (please reply with more details)

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
TTT

Bump as there are a pile of different 67's out there running. I wanna know what you guys are getting out of them!

nothing impressive............ see sig
104 in the 1/8 aint too shabby IMHO for 20-21 psi boost.

What version 67 are you running?

What sort of stall do you actually see at 0-1 psi boost?

What launch boost and what 60' times?

104 in the 1/8 aint too shabby IMHO for 20-21 psi boost.

What version 67 are you running?

What sort of stall do you actually see at 0-1 psi boost?

What launch boost and what 60' times?

I'm running the dual BB 67 (dubbed THS special) i think its a hpq 6768

I have a reworked pts 9/11 convertor that stalls around 2600 at zero vac.

my personal best 60ft was a 1.44 with 10 psi t brake launch. won't do that again car twisted like hell pulled the left front really hard!

my average 60ft seems to be in thelow 1.50's . 5-6 psi

I'm running semi old school ( I think, maybe someone can chime in) with 6765 p-trim DBB but with the 'cast' version of the billet wheel so this turbo must bridge the gap between the 6776 and the billet wheel 67's.

11.6 @ 124 @ 17.5 psi according to my Gen7 log.

MikeL. said:
I'm running semi old school ( I think, maybe someone can chime in) with 6765 p-trim DBB but with the 'cast' version of the billet wheel so this turbo must bridge the gap between the 6776 and the billet wheel 67's.

11.6 @ 124 @ 17.5 psi according to my Gen7 log.

Cast is cast. Not billet. If it's 6 full blades with
6 splitters blades and has the allied signal "A" on it it's a to4r/t04z. Very common compressor for high 9 sec power.

cant get lower than 7.68 @91 mph on 93 and alky 1.9 60 ft ? cant hold any boost on the line 5#'s the most and she'll blow the tires...my 60 fts are horrible im running 23 psi on the 1/8th with a 10.8 afr after the 60 ft is when she pulls like crazy..has an .85 exh housing it spools very quick off a roll but on a stock cammed engine dont think its the way to go.. or maybe im the one thats off on my tune. Wanted to lock the converter later instead of @ 80mph..but just cant figure it out my laptop died so no logs, will have some logged runs this weekend hopefully...but i got pissed i couldnt make the low 7 run @ the 1/8th so i bought a te60 to see if i get it done with a faster spool.. but my 6765 is a ported h cover 4 in 3 out water/oil cooled.

03201617.jpg

03201618.jpg
04072025.jpg

cant get lower than 7.68 @91 mph on 93 and alky 1.9 60 ft ? cant hold any boost on the line 5#'s the most and she'll blow the tires...my 60 fts are horrible im running 23 psi on the 1/8th with a 10.8 afr after the 60 ft is when she pulls like crazy..has an .85 exh housing it spools very quick off a roll but on a stock cammed engine dont think its the way to go.. or maybe im the one thats off on my tune. Wanted to lock the converter later instead of @ 80mph..but just cant figure it out my laptop died so no logs, will have some logged runs this weekend hopefully...but i got pissed i couldnt make the low 7 run @ the 1/8th so i bought a te60 to see if i get it done with a faster spool.. but my 6765 is a ported h cover 4 in 3 out water/oil cooled.

View attachment 165758

View attachment 165760View attachment 165761

Man it is hard to read your post........but I don't think it is the fault of your turbo. You need to hook up with someone that can help you get your tune ironed out and make recommendations on combo changes.

View attachment 165758

View attachment 165760View attachment 165761

What convertor do you have?

Man it is hard to read your post........but I don't think it is the fault of your turbo. You need to hook up with someone that can help you get your tune ironed out and make recommendations on combo changes.

Whats hard to read? My Tune is pretty good IMO, plugs are burning good pulls strong my timing is verified 25 degrees tdc. I'll get it done with a smaller te60 this weekend around the same boost level. This is with a full weight car full street trim unopened longblock 85k miles. Has drag radials and stock suspension. Took my girl and 2 year old to the track with the ac on 45 minutes one way.

Whats hard to read? My Tune is pretty good IMO, plugs are burning good pulls strong my timing is verified 25 degrees tdc. I'll get it done with a smaller te60 this weekend around the same boost level. This is with a full weight car full street trim unopened longblock 85k miles. Has drag radials and stock suspension. Took my girl and 2 year old to the track with the ac on 45 minutes one way.

It was just the way you typed it..... I muddled through it and got the point you were trying to get across...... no offense intended

I would think you should be significantly more MPH at the 1/8 if you were making 23 psi with a 67 turbo. That is why I commented on getting someone to help you with your tuneup. The fact that it is an un-opened longblock leads me to agree the 67 was way too much turbo, and you might have a much better overall combo with the 60. If you can leave on 5 psi, you should be cutting much better 60' times IMHO. 60' times are very important to get the car to run a decent ET....... however, the MPH will also help to paint a better picture of the overall power you are putting to the track.

What size DR?

Front sway bar still on?

rear sway bar?

airbags?

It was just the way you typed it..... I muddled through it and got the point you were trying to get across...... no offense intended

I would think you should be significantly more MPH at the 1/8 if you were making 23 psi with a 67 turbo. That is why I commented on getting someone to help you with your tuneup. The fact that it is an un-opened longblock leads me to agree the 67 was way too much turbo, and you might have a much better overall combo with the 60. If you can leave on 5 psi, you should be cutting much better 60' times IMHO. 60' times are very important to get the car to run a decent ET....... however, the MPH will also help to paint a better picture of the overall power you are putting to the track.

What size DR?

Front sway bar still on?

rear sway bar?

airbags?

no offense taken, im running 275-60-15 on ttype rims which i think measure out to 28" tall tire.. no front sway bar, no bags, stock suspension kyb shocks my car pulls very hard after about 11psi. 1/4 mile is about 2 hours away so havent gone up to frown @ my time, but my goal is set and i want to do it. Even though she's not that quick off the FB I break hearts on a roll though boost is instant on a roll.

Old school 6776 here. H cover. Water cooled ball bearings. +132mph. +3900lbs.