New Best Time West Coast Nationals

Thanks guys, yes I'm saying its a 14 bolt block not a 20 bolt 109.

Yes I do run a wideband and its leaning out on topp but the xfi is correcting the pressure drop. Once I get this setup maxed out around 28-30psi I'm going to detune it to 11.50's. That's why I don't think I need a double pumper

Just to warn you, I ran out of pump at 125mph, I had my Gen 2 adding 45% more fuel, and it was still going lean.

I need to research but I'm guessing how you tell your running out of pump is by the pressure falling off? My pump has to be around 7 or 8 years old. It was one of the first 340's from quad air if I remember right. I got the receipt at home

No surprise to me you ran that quick;), but nevertheless quite an accomplishment!
Congrats!:cool:

well, tonight i just bought everything to fix my ign. problem. im going to do the 87 ign. conversion on it. was going to go distributor setup but this will work for now. also got a new pump coming as well.

Distributor

well, tonight i just bought everything to fix my ign. problem. im going to do the 87 ign. conversion on it. was going to go distributor setup but this will work for now. also got a new pump coming as well.

Don't waste your money, at your level swicthing to a distributor wouldn't help you anyway it might actually hurt you or make no gains at all.

MAT where high like always. and yes c116 and alky

i can give you some data as far as temps and boost if you want. when i forgot to set the xfi to activate stage 2 on my boost controller it ran 6 psi down the track. at that level you can see the alky making a big difference. as the boost came up more and more the temps got higher and higher. im still keeping it under 255 before the traps.

edit. pm sent

Sounds like coil to me, they don't play nice when you are under full boost if going bad, I know from experience.

Foot brake is the only way I launch my car and we just figured out why it wouldn't sixty foot this year and that will be fixed in the early spring.

Need some dyno time with new combo and hopefully hubby has a job next year, planning on Nationals no matter what this year and hoping for some more 10 second passes. Still working out some bugs. If I get my sixty foot back into the mid 1.4's the rest will come in to play. I have top end like no bodies business but coming out of the hole was really soft. We need to adjust the control arms correctly and this should be resolved, but sixty this year was a 1.56 nothing to brag about.

Happy to see you are getting there, I still love you new down pipe combo, it's cool how everyon has a different set up.

I did win two ladies races this year at the two races I actually attended, so that's cool, I have the tree down. Ran a new class THS and loved the pro light, took some getting used to but if they allow me I'll run that class next year. (I don't have my air anymore due to my 3 inch downpipe)but it's all good, car was put up running great no issues.

Hope everyone has a truly blessed holiday. Be thankful for what you have, so many are going without so much.

Brent... Congrats on the times... 30lbs will get will officially put you in as the third member of the Hot Air 10 sec club.... Ms. Jamie hit it on the head when she said it is COOL how everyone has taken a different approach to getting the 10 sec time slip... Keep up the GREAT work:cool:

well i got good news and bad news. i will post more later but the pop is gone but now i have yet another problem.

Well i got the pop fixed. i think i wasted money on going to the 87 coil and module but o well. i did an ohms test on the plug wires and i had a bad plug wire. 5 of them ohmd .66-.88 and one ohmd 6.28 or something high like that. new wires ohmd .009 :) anyways just a bad plug wire but o well its probley better with the new setup anyways.

now i need a new alternator since my battery took a crap and fired my alternator i think.

What brand wires you get?

I have an old set of jacobs and noticed a crack under my heat insulation and will probably need a new set soon.

What brand / where from?

Thanks,

Jerry