New alky kit...how much more boost?

Dr. Jeckel

Well I am running 17-18 psi with no knock and O2's in the 810 to 825 range the whole way with 43psi static fuel pressure. I run 91 octane with 100% alky spray. I am about to replace the timing gear and chain along with replacing the valve springs with comp springs in the very near future.
My question is how much more boost can I run with the 30# injectors. Is it safe to say that if I don't see anything under 780 on my O2's and still have no knock then I would be fine? i know that O2's aren't the best judge but would this be a good judge of how much boost I can run?
Thanks James.

With the Reds chip in there probably 21-22 psi. or so.

Only way to test it is to up the boost with alky. flowing and look for knock and then back it off a pound or two.

Thanks for the advice.
I'm going to wait until I replace the springs and gear/chain, then I'll slowly move up in boost and see what I can get.

I've got a Ta-49, 36# Blue Tops, A.T.R. d/p, stock intercooler w-dutt. neck, 20* chip and 94 oct.

24 psi.

What a blast!

23 to 24 psi with no knock!:eek:
I added some 110 octane and am going to crank it up a notch!

I'm running it ~22 and creeping down to low 800's O2, Alky ROCKS!

It's gonna be a differnt car after the timing chain and springs. I just did mine last month.

I can run 23 lbs. with 19.5 degrees timing but that is with 50 lb. injectors.
Tarey D.

Thanks for all the replys guys. I am going to try and do the chain and springs next week...it will ease my mind alot and hopefully make the top end do a little better. I also have the dutt neck for the intercooler I am going to put on at about the same time. Then I'll probably tune for 19-20psi until I get some 50's and an alky chip. Should be good for hunting heads/cam LS1's since I could already hang with an LS1 with a 100 shot of juice at only 14-15psi.