new ac maf

chas52

just checked with gm and the stock maf is available for 79.94+22.50core charge. any reason why i shouldnt buy one? tried the translator and i think it sucks. anybody bou7ght one of the new ones or heard anything about them?
chas52

mew maf?

after further research i called gmperfparts got a part# 19112569 but cant find out if it fits our cars. called local gm dealer and they have rebuilt acdelco units in stock for 350$ LOL. how about kirbans reman?
only 189$. ive had absolutely no luck getting the translator dialed in
on my car. glad i have a tta to take parts off of to try on my gn
if parts are reman by acdelco at 189 whats wrong with them?
chas52

new maf

after further looking found ac#213-3454 in reman maf for $152.31
still tracking down parts

I used one of Kirbans AC remanufactured mass air flow units a few years back, I had no issues with it for years. It was $189.00. I now use the translator and LT1 maf.

I know Richard Clark did some extensive testing on the accuracy of the remanufactured MAF sensors on the market today. I guess that had something to do with the one's for sale by Kirban's are the most accurate out there. the local auto parts stores will try to sell you an equivalent MAF used on the camaro (plug points out to the side rather than straight down) and it is not accurate.

I have noticed that factory MAF sensors have been appearing on Ebay this year. Good used ones with the part # sticker and "BW" sticker and the screens intact have been selling for less than $140. The correct rebuilt ones from Kirban's are $189. And I have seen a couple of NOS MAF sensors still in the box that only sold for ~ $200.

So if you need one in a pinch, get the one from Kirban's unless someone on this board can supply you with one.:cool:

Mine runs ok, but i've been chasing an idle issue for a few months. My rpms go up to 1200. It also hesitates for a sec when I punch it. I'm gonna try a new maf and see what happens.