What should I do to engine.

• Pull it and rebuild it.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Try to make it run as is.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zerex

I saved this 85 T-type from being parted out. It needs new front clip (what years of regals will fit? ), guy I got it from took the 8.5 rear (raced malibu's was going to pull engine and put a 350 in it and lost interest) and the engine has everything that would be bolted onto it taken off(it was all in the trunk and is all there). When I cleaned out the interior I found a receipt for main bearings.

My question is, Should I do a compression check, put back together and try to make it run. Or should I just pull the engine and rebuild since it's already has all the accessories off of it. I am mainly a Camaro guy but couldn't let this one get scrapped. Was trying to sell it but can't bring myself to sell it to anyone I know is just going to trash it. I have the shop space now to be able to work on it and other cars, so thinking it's time for a front clip and motivate towards making it run.

Anyone know a good machine shop in Longview, wa?

Vince

25419214539.jpg

25419214541.jpg

It all depends on what you want to so with the car..How many miles are on it? If not that many and you want to restore it these motors are really durable if they are treated good..Do a compression check..If they check out leave it in and try to make it run...If you wanna go fast start from scratch that way youll know what you got..

A fresh rebuild would be nice, everything is easy to get to. Head work, cam, etc. Although I would also just put it back together and fire it up just cause.
Depends on pockets and your goals.

Will you be staying hotair or convert to Intercooled 86/87 setup?

Hotair or IC, i would clean all parts,paint and get it restored with some good updates. Prep the body and all that good stuff. WHeels /tires, i say after few grand well spend (here/there) you would have a great running and decent looking car.

As for the front clip, 83-87 I believe. The entire rear is gone or diff you meant?
Good job on saving it BTW !!!!!:cool::cool: