need some help

tjy3388

im new to grand nationals and my 3rd car its an 85 t type. i have very little history but what i have found out is i have a 87 ecm 84 chip 87 maf 86/87 icm and coil (wire harness conversion) new throttle position sensor factory fpr factory turbo (i think) car misses like crazy, no codes, and makes almost no boost even at full throttle run about half mile worth

If the ECM is really for an 86/87 it's probably running weird because it still has the 84 chip. What size are the injectors? What scan tools are you using?

im new to grand nationals and my 3rd car its an 85 t type. i have very little history but what i have found out is i have a 87 ecm 84 chip 87 maf 86/87 icm and coil (wire harness conversion) new throttle position sensor factory fpr factory turbo (i think) car misses like crazy, no codes, and makes almost no boost even at full throttle run about half mile worth
Posted this in the sticky . .
The stock HA chip will not fit in the 86/87 ECM. :confused:

How are you reading boost, where is it hooked up and what scan tool are you using to monitor kr? :eek:

thank you for making my point very visable i need the numbers for the correct prom im reading boost from a mechanical gauge tied into the wastegate and im reading the ecm through tuner pro on my pc

Where is the line from the waste gate connected on the engine side?

sorry misred the post its on the output of the turbo
I have seen this as well . . . . . where the plastic line was kinked, indicating no boost.
Are the lines secured? Your turbo may be shot. Can you spin the turbo by hand?
Confirm if there is any damage to the blades of the compressor and turbine. If there is damage (Chips/nicks), PM Bison for for a rebuild or upgrade.

do you know the letter number prom code so i can get you more info of if the turbo works when the engine does

do you know the letter number prom code so i can get you more info of if the turbo works when the engine does
Not sure I understand. The PROM codes in 99.9% of the turbo Buicks are customer/setup specific so they won’t mean anything to anyone else.

To recap my understanding of the situation:
Boost signal is from the turbo outlet (?), turbo spins freely by hand, boost monitoring is via aftermarket boost gage . . . . . car went for a ½ mile WOT blast and had “0” boost, car has exh leak.
Sounds like you have a MASSIVE exhaust leak, or something else going on. At this point, I would question and verify everything. (Gauge, lines, etc.)

Post some pictures as we may see something that does not sound obvious.

I would bet if it still has a catalyst converter on it ....it's prolly stopped up..

Take the down pipe bolts loose and remove the gasket and drive it for a quik spin to see if it makes boost.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Also where is the boost gauge hooked up to...

Does it have a aftermarket gauge on it....

I understand what you mean but I needed the factory code and I'm going to order from autozone to make the car run good enough so I CAN test the turbo

The car does still have a cat the boost after the wot pass car had minimal boost less than 5 psi

Also where is the boost gauge hooked up to...

Does it have a aftermarket gauge on it....

as said earlier it does have aftermarket gauge on it i have the boost gauge hooked up to the pressure side of the wastegate. at this point in time the car runs like shit because of the wrong chip in the ecm the car barely runs so i cannot do any testing about the turbo

as said earlier it does have aftermarket gauge on it i have the boost gauge hooked up to the pressure side of the wastegate. at this point in time the car runs like shit because of the wrong chip in the ecm the car barely runs so i cannot do any testing about the turbo

Try hooking up the boost gauge to same line as the fuel pressure regulator....just tee it into the same line

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

okay thanks for everyones help i got a new chip the ecm threw code 51 the car runs a hell of a lot better even with the code the turbo made a couple of psi quick the car doesnt read most of the data