Need pics of 28x12.5's or bigger on cars

clean86

Hi all I am about to put the plasma to the frame and would like to know just how big a tire I am going to be able to run. My car is LOW, so if anyone has any pics of ,say 10.5w's or 13.5's on there cars and would be nice enough to help a brother out I would appreciate it.

THX A guy with a plasma cutter and an idea:D :eek: :confused:

28X10.5 slicks will fit without frame work on 8.5 rims with 3.5 bs

I imagine 10.5w will need some work, but why would you want something that big unless you have a 9 sec car

28X12.5 are an ET Street size and are smaller than 28X10.5 slicks

MT type tires

you will prolly need air bags to clear the fenderwell if the car is lowered......and they may not clear at all, depending

I run 28X9 ET Drags on 8" rim with 4" BS...Jack runs 28X12.5 on 8.5 rims with 3.5 BS....Nick & D!ck run 28X10's on 8-8.5 rim with 3.5 BS...but no lowering and all have air bags....

Woody, Jeromy here, I know that your car works killer on those 9's. I am just trying to fit as much as I can. I am planning to run the Hoosier 28x13.5 15's or maybe the 14.5's if possible.

How are the 72's working for you? And have you had a chance to get those 55 chips to Nicks yet, I got off my a$$ and the motor is almost done:D . Trying to get ready for the 9th.

well then get out the plasma cutter!

I haven't got the 72s dialed yet...if dry, I'll try and do so on Sat at Speedword...I have a whole pocket full of chips from Steve Y

I will get the 55 chips over to Nick's or if you are going out on Sat I'll take 'em with me...think he is out at the Div 7 race at Fireturd all week.....with Marka & John and he took Whitey (I think..)

Ya I will head out there on sat. Maybe even with the car:eek: :eek: . It's going to fly now!!! I hope?

There are some pics on my site of my T-type with 29.5x10.5Ws. It took a LOT of work (mini-tub, frame notch) and they're still shoe horned in. I think I have a couple of pics with some 28x12.5s test fitted under there too for comparison.

Thx Kendell, after more measuring I am going to go with the Hoosier QTP's 28x13.5x15's 11' tread width 12.1 sec. width. I am using MT 28x12,5x15's now but I can't wait to get back to Hoosiers.

Pics would be great!!!

BTW your motor looks killer!!

Trust me I know how that is!!! The only problem is I need a fire under my a$$ to get me to finish the 3 hr's of work left on mine to make it make some noise;) Thx for the pics

Jeromy.

all but 1st pick is 28/12.50 et streets

they are on 15x8 welds with 4.5" b/s

I have plenty of clearence on the inside and enough on the outside to get by...my wheel well lips are still there

I notched the rails and split the wheel wells in mine it would be a perfect fit with 5" b/s but weld dont offer that

The pics are in my sig. The ones of the car outside are with the 28-12.50x15 ET Streets on an 8" Draglite. They filled the fenders pretty well. I do have rolled fender lips, so that gave a little more clearance, as well as dual air bags. Recently switched to a smaller 9" slick as an experiment in traction, results of which have yet to be seen due to car not cooperating and running like it should..LOL. Didn't have any scrub problems on the inside or out with the ET Streets plus they looked intimidating as hell stuffed in there...:D

I second that, I love the way mine looks with the 12.5's. I just want to bring the back of the car down about 1.5 inches more and to do so the notching has to be done. So I figured if im going to notch why not fit somthing bigger!!!!