Need ideas on how to seal Gn spoiler

Yates

Not sure if I'm in the right area but I need ideas. I recently purchased a factory GN spoiler for my 83 Regal. I had to do some minor repairs and one was to remove the mounting studs and replace. I used 5/16 stainless bolts. Now my problem is I drilled out my trunk and of course the initial holes were off a little from the spoiler so I had to open them up a bit to get the spoiler to sit right. My problem is the original rubber washer I intended in using is too small to cover the holes now. I was thinking on using a larger rubber fender washer but not sure if that will give me a water tight seal. Anybody have any other ideas because the last thing I want is water getting in my trunk. Thanks

Just silicone it. Some clear ought to seal it up real tight and compress down into all the other areas where it may leak.

I had some left over window ribbon seal that I used around the studs. Works well.

I heard Permatex's "Right Stuff" is the shiznit for sealing just about anything. I just bought a can to seal up the diff cover when I get around to changing that fluid.

Whatever you use just make sure it stays pliable forever. If you use something that hardens it may crumble and you'll start to get leaks. Butyl or windshield ribbon will work great even though it makes a mess of your fingers. But a little lacquer thinner will clean it up.

I had some left over window ribbon seal that I used around the studs. Works well.
I agree with the above, if you use a silicone or adhesive it will be a bear to come off and might break the spoiler. I have even used this when the gasket around the taillight studs disappears or is too far gone.