Need Help With Wheels

Mr. Tee

GoOoSe
I just put on GTA wheels on my TR and 245/50/16's all the way around...Is this correct...I put the rear only on the front with a 5/16" spacer right on the hub between the wheel , and the front onlys on the rear no spacer...When I went to back out all i heard was this awful rubbing sound...then went away and came back when we pulled it back in the driveway...whats going on i dont see what it is rubbing

Its quite common for the 16x8 wheels on the front to rub on the plastic inner fenders.My right front rubs slightly if I turn right and hit a dip in the road at the same time.It happens a lot less since I put Bilsteins on the car.How are your front shocks and springs?That will make some difference.Have you tried it without the spacers?Also, I have 4 front GTAswith 245-50-16s with 5/16" spacers,just to fill my fender flares better. :cool:On a real GNX they cut out areas on the innerfenders and refabbed to make clearance for the 245-50-16s.One option is to go with narrower tires on the front.:rolleyes:

AS MENTIONED ABOVE, I'D GUESS IT'S YOUR FAT FRONT TIRES. i HAVE FRONT IROCs ON MY CAR WHICH ARE THE SAME AS THE GTAs, BUT I USE 60 SERIES UP FRONT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME 215 50 16S FOR THE FRONT AND SAME THE 50s FOR THE REAR.;)

AS MENTIONED ABOVE, I'D GUESS IT'S YOUR FAT FRONT TIRES. i HAVE FRONT IROCs ON MY CAR WHICH ARE THE SAME AS THE GTAs, BUT I USE 60 SERIES UP FRONT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME 215 50 16S FOR THE FRONT AND SAME THE 50s FOR THE REAR.;)