Need header help!!!

GNXJEFF

I am new at this GN Turbo thing but loving every minute of it!! I need to know who sells the best headers for my GN and where I can buy them from? Thanks in advance for your help! Jeff

I am new at this GN Turbo thing but loving every minute of it!! I need to know who sells the best headers for my GN and where I can buy them from? Thanks in advance for your help! Jeff

The "best" production headers made for a GN are from TA Performance. :)

Unfortunately, they are currently on back order, and will be available very soon.

Depending on how fast you want to go with the car there is really no need to upgrade your stock headers. You can go deep into the 10s, possibly (but not completely sure) into the high 9s with stock headers so why waste $600+ dollars unless you want to go faster than that. Put $600 dollars into Alky and a TT chip and you will see wayyyy more of an improvement.

best headers

TA performance--get the stainless--I prefer to deal through Nick.

Depending on how fast you want to go with the car there is really no need to upgrade your stock headers. You can go deep into the 10s, possibly (but not completely sure) into the high 9s with stock headers so why waste $600+ dollars unless you want to go faster than that.....

Here is a reason you should upgrade your 25 year old headers, because they DO wear out! :eek:

Attachments

• PIPE.jpg
    PIPE.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 191
Weld it, save 600 bucks! Or buy a good used crossover pipe, cheaper than 600 bucks. I would not upgrade the headers if you think it is going make your car any faster.

Weld it, save 600 bucks! Or buy a good used crossover pipe, cheaper than 600 bucks. I would not upgrade the headers if you think it is going make your car any faster.

The original post asked "who sells the best headers", NOT what can I do to go faster?

Just to put alchy and a chip in a stock car is a sure way to cause a problem without doing more. :)

The original post asked "who sells the best headers", NOT what can I do to go faster?

Just to put alchy and a chip in a stock car is a sure way to cause a problem without doing more. :)

Good point Nick, I was just throwing my .02 if he was thinking there was some power to free up there being that he had stated he is new to the GN community. I am just saying for the same amount of money alky and a chip would be a better way to spend 600 bucks, okay so then get it tuned and add a little more boost to it....:cool:

One thing I have learned over the past year is something about headers on a GN…When I bought my car it had a set of Hooker Headers and I had all kinds of problems…..sure they were Stainless steel and looked cool but they were a pain. When I installed my down pipe it hit the flange. I was unable to build any real boost off the line because of the length of the pipes. I spent 300 bucks on some reworked factory headers and all of my problems went away. I still have a lot to learn but the Hooker headers are hanging off the old boat trailer and thats were they will stay!;)

isn't that the crossover pipe?

Sure is, thanks for making my point! :D

We always hear about the headers cracking, so here is a worn out crossover pipe. :eek:

It actually blew out on my car years ago before we had TA headers, and I was running weld repaired stock headers in the 10's. :)

You can't go wrong with the ta stainless headers you will notice a difference in sound of the car also there worth the wait

a set of ta headers would be bad ass for looks and quality... but wats ur reason for looking into a set of headers and what mods do u currently have...