Need 4 barrel carb for my turbo regal

mattmittenz516

The Reeg
Hey any one know where i can get a 4 barrel carb for my regal or anyone selling one...mine currently has a two barrel with a broken choke and i would like to swap to 4 barrel

I've got an plenum and a 4 barrel that's been stirpped for cleaning sitting right now. You will need both to change over to a 4 barrel turbo set up. I'm not cheap how ever.:redface: You can also check evilbay and see what you can find. Parts do pop up from time to time.:)

Well how much do you want for them...i read through jegs and summit they seem to only sell parts for sb n bb motors, didnt see any spreadborr carbs all square bore, ill try sk speed later, when I go in what do I ask for ? Like whats the model numbed or name of carb?can I tell them I have a 78 turbo n theyll no?

Do a little reading over at BEFORE BLACK Website for the info and part numbers. Rich's site is full of info and it will take you a while to go through it all. If you don't find what you're looking for send me a PM and I'll price it as a package for you.:)

i suggest you joi
Hey any one know where i can get a 4 barrel carb for my regal or anyone selling one...mine currently has a two barrel with a broken choke and i would like to swap to 4 barrel

i suggest you join the before black facebook page. we list alot of parts all the time. we have people who look for parts almost all day. tell us your craigslist city near you and we may find it.

After searching evilbay today I found 1 carb that might work and it was rebuilt for $179 + shipping. That was the cheapest I found. One guy wanted $700 for everything and wasn't interested in parting things out.:(

The 4.1 is a CCC carb and unless you have an ECM it won't work. Here's a pic of the base plate of the turbo carb that's not puter controled. If you notice where I've got the tubes sticking in it that's the difference on the turbo non puter carbs. That's where the power valve is controled. Go to www'beforeblack.net and you can find the part numbers of the cars that were specific to the non puter controled turbo cars. Then do a search on evilbay for each part number. You might find one that way.:)

Attachments

• DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 149
I still regret not buying the 78 Sport coupe that was sitting at a salvage yard 30 miles from me. Woulda had all the parts you needed.

Guy ended up crushing it over the winter when I asked about it last. Curse high scrap prices!

Know where there is acomplete plenum with a carb off of a 1978 motor took it off myself

Thats a wonderful deal too bad i wong have the 600 he wants in the two days left, i took off my two bll yesterday its soaking in acid now gonna rebuild to holdover for now and keep looking for a 4bbl who knows maybe ill get lucky n hell still have it next. Week

Here is an FYI when searching for a carb; Holley will do an OEM rebuild of any carb. Their number for the '79 turbo carb is 64-7571. Good luck. I could use a rebuildable carb as well.
Dan

Put a bid of $100 and if you don't win the guy will most likely send you a second chance offer. You never knw after all.:)

Wanted 4 Barrel Carb. for a 3.8 Turbo

Put a bid of $100 and if you don't win the guy will most likely send you a second chance offer. You never knw after all.:)

If you still need a Carburetor (4 Barrel GM) I think I have one. Say if interested
and I will dig it out, It's all there (almost certain)