N(.)(.)BIE from Clovis CA, Checking in....

MrOverkill

GET SOME!
Hello all, I'm fairly new to the site but have been lurking for a little while. I have an 86 T-Type with a decent list of mods, its makes a 405whp without the help of liquid atmosphere and 505whp w/ 75hp jetting on the jug. I'll get some pics and details up tomorrow, its gone bottom 11's before I got my hands on it and is in need of some trans love at the moment. Its Grey and has 93k miles, its a very fun ride and like most of these cars is quite the sleeper.....

Plan is mid to low 10's and go have fun once she is shifting again. I'm 32 and had 43 cars and this is by far one of the neatest cars I've owned :cool:

That car needed a trans when I sold it several years ago.

I can't believe the last 3 or 4 owners since then haven't fixed it yet.

Your HP numbers are off a bit too.

It made 396 at the rear wheels on race fuel and 498 with 46n/42f jetting in the fogger nozzle.

The original motor was smoked, so I dropped in a motor from a 22,000 mile 87 T-type.

From a dead idle it went 12.25 on the motor and 11.15 @ 121 on the juice...
The trans slipped so bad it felt like a snowmobile.

I'd love to know what you paid for it.

I sold the car in '04/'05 for $7999 to Boyd Coddington Jr. with all the work already done to it.

Here's the last pic I have of it, the day I left to deliver it to Boyd Jr.
86ttype.jpg

Here it is on the dyno. That's me behind the wheel.

I drove it after it came to the west coast. It was a brawler with a bad trans. The owner after Coddington was frustrated with it so he sold it to another local cat. Now Shay has it. Hope it gets into the 10's.

I drove it after it came to the west coast. It was a brawler with a bad trans. The owner after Coddington was frustrated with it so he sold it to another local cat. Now Shay has it. Hope it gets into the 10's.

It should be a 10-sec ride the way it sits... if the trans was fresh. :D

That thing should still have the 83lb injectors and modded ECM in it too...

Yeah there are quite a few differences in the ad he listed and the actual condition of the car and what was included as far as parts. Its got a non turbo trans in it and wont hold any gear but 3rd, I'll sort that out in the next few days with a trans&verter I found from a buddy near Sac.

To answer the price ?, I have under $5800 in the car :biggrin: I have a few plans for it and it should be a killer cruiser after a few more mods.

I'm curious what was changed or if the good stuff was pulled off the car before it was sold...

If the car has the same parts on it as when I sold it... all it should need is a decent trans & converter.

I'm curious what was changed or if the good stuff was pulled off the car before it was sold...

If the car has the same parts on it as when I sold it... all it should need is a decent trans & converter.

Still has all the go fast parts, but the ad listed a Kenwood deck&changer, and a set of Eibach coils neither of which was with the car. Its also missing some a/c parts I found out when I started to reinstall it so thats on hold.....

I'm going to build a new mill with some nice forged internals and a I'll por a set of heads and most likely do a mild roller setup as well. I should be able to run in the 10's with this one once I get a trans and verter. I'm very temtped to get a trans with a brake and do some suspension mods to the car as well. Oh yeah I'm looking for a meth kit right now and big intercooler.....

Well it's about dang time someone took it to the next level... :D

Honestly, that motor is pretty low-mileage... and should take a good bit of abuse... Simple bolt-ons will make a huge difference. Most of the difficult stuff is already done.

BTW, the 10-disc changer was mounted in the trunk when I sold it. I forget what head unit was in it at the time.

Depending how attached you are to 4th gear... I'd consider swapping to a TH400 too...

Regardless of what trans you decide on, a transbrake is definitely the way to go.

Well it's about dang time someone took it to the next level... :D

Honestly, that motor is pretty low-mileage... and should take a good bit of abuse... Simple bolt-ons will make a huge difference. Most of the difficult stuff is already done.

BTW, the 10-disc changer was mounted in the trunk when I sold it. I forget what head unit was in it at the time.

Depending how attached you are to 4th gear... I'd consider swapping to a TH400 too...

Regardless of what trans you decide on, a transbrake is definitely the way to go.

I have a new TH350 w/ Rossler brake sitting here w/ good shafts and all the upgrades, its the same length and I can use the stock driveshaft if I remember correctly? Only problem is its a Chevy unit so I'd have to install an Ultrabell or swap it into a BOP case. I'd really like to keep o/d for trips to Morro Bay and Pismo which we make a couple times a month wife the kids....

How much power will a stock shortblock put up with? The only mod to this longblock is valvesprings as far as I know......

I have a new TH350 w/ Rossler brake sitting here w/ good shafts and all the upgrades, its the same length and I can use the stock driveshaft if I remember correctly? Only problem is its a Chevy unit so I'd have to install an Ultrabell or swap it into a BOP case. I'd really like to keep o/d for trips to Morro Bay and Pismo which we make a couple times a month wife the kids....

How much power will a stock shortblock put up with? The only mod to this longblock is valvesprings as far as I know......

Depending how much you wanna spend, the trans options are pretty wide open.

As far as the longblock is concerned, it came out of a known 22,000 mile car as just that... a longblock. I swapped the original intake, balancer, accessories, etc... on to the good motor and dropped it in the car... When I bought the car from the original owner, there was no motor in it.

I put a new set of Comp 980 valvesprings on it not long before I sold it.

Oh... and if you were wondering how the pattern of damage on the lower rear of the RF fender got there ? (It was there when I bought the car) Apparently the original owners wife got pissed at him and threw a wine glass at the car, striking the RF fender just behind the wheel opening and shattering. :D

As far as what I'd do if the car was still mine ?

1) good 200R4 trans from a well known tranny builder on this site... along with a good converter...

2) decent front mount intercooler...

3) alky kit from razor...

3) spool & axles...