My torque converter gets stuck

Make sure you have the electrical connector plugged in on the transmission when testing.

A friend of mine is helping me out when he has time.. So far I think we traced it to the ECM. We didn'tdo what you said at the ALDL yet but we did check some stuff out. The end result: we pulled the tan/blk wire at the ECM. I'm thinking he may have looked at the ALDO port but I gotta ask him.
This trans worked flawlessly in my last car and does so now in this car except when the wires plugged in of course. We checked the brake switch the speed buffer sensor behind the speedo. The plug looks good on the transmission. We reinforced the ground from the battery to the chassis. I tried looking at the wiring diagram's from Google and I did not see any other sensors sharing this wire. I'm hoping by putting this info on here someone will maybe pick up on something I missed?

my car does the same thing sometimes, drove it on Saturday night and it never did the lock up in 2nd 3rd and 4th. Just locked up at 45mph and worked great. Drove it Sunday and it worked great for about 10 miles, then on the way home it locked and would not unlock. I have to put it in 1st to make it unlock. It has done this about 3 times in the last 2 months. Only after driving it for a while. It has a brand new PTC converter in it but did this before the converter was changed also. What do you all think is the problem with mine? It has a new transmission in it with only about 1K miles on it.

my car does the same thing sometimes, drove it on Saturday night and it never did the lock up in 2nd 3rd and 4th. Just locked up at 45mph and worked great. Drove it Sunday and it worked great for about 10 miles, then on the way home it locked and would not unlock. I have to put it in 1st to make it unlock. It has done this about 3 times in the last 2 months. Only after driving it for a while. It has a brand new PTC converter in it but did this before the converter was changed also. What do you all think is the problem with mine? It has a new transmission in it with only about 1K miles on it.
Sounds like a bad lockup solenoid. Just because the transmission was just rebuilt doesn't mean they changed the lockup solenoid.

Mine acted similar. mine would not unlock. it would almost die when coming to a stop, then trans would bang hard into first gear. lock up is hydraulically not available in first. I even put car in park and turned off ignition. then started back up and drove away, still locked. replaced tcc solenoid, problem solved. got the solenoid from turbo buick performance.

What is the web site for them? And do I have to cut the wires or is it a plug in one. By the way the ptc 3200 lock up converter makes the car a beast on the street. Hard to hold on to it :)

never mind I found the site, I may also order one of his pro tranny's to have as a extra :)

I have David's standard build along with his 2800 stall converter. drives like stock around town. You won't be disappointed :D Yes you have to cut two wires, the solenoid comes with threaded connectors, no need to solder. wires are color coded. two fasteners hold it in. It was easier for me to remove the harness from the transmission to splice the new one on. not bad at all. David also suggested pumping the fluid out first through the dip stick tube. I bought a cheap utility pump from harbor freight and pumped about a gallon out before dropping pan. worked slick. a lot less mess.