My suspension plans (edit/comment where necessary)

susp

yo Silver, lookin @ your car was that with the Eibach pro kit? and what shocks you ended up using? I used to have this set up in my car; H&R springs,adjustable Konis, boxed upper & lower rear control arms, stock front control arms, Baer brakes front & rear, ATR fat swaybars, and 335-35-17s for the rear and 245-35-17 for the fronts. My best 60' with Nittos was mid 1.40s and it felt like the 87 Vettes, still a vast improvement over the old susp.

OK folks. Ordered the Stage2 kit from Savitske Classic & Custom and his Chassis brace. Log on to the site as Mark has the geometry down pat on our cars and the brace looks like it'll really tighten up that front end! Also got a low-mile steering box/pitman arm coming from GBodyParts.com Online. All I need now are the Eibachs and Bilsteins and I'll be ready for install and alignment.

I think some 17" TTIIs are in order with 255/45s on all four corners (I like the idea of tire rotation since it's a daily). Mark uses that size on his daily driven gbody so I'm sure it'll fit.

Keep ya post and will post pix when I get the stage2 kit in a few weeks.

OK folks. Ordered the Stage2 kit from Savitske Classic & Custom and his Chassis brace. Log on to the site as Mark has the geometry down pat on our cars and the brace looks like it'll really tighten up that front end! Also got a low-mile steering box/pitman arm coming from GBodyParts.com Online. All I need now are the Eibachs and Bilsteins and I'll be ready for install and alignment.

I think some 17" TTIIs are in order with 255/45s on all four corners (I like the idea of tire rotation since it's a daily). Mark uses that size on his daily driven gbody so I'm sure it'll fit.

Keep ya post and will post pix when I get the stage2 kit in a few weeks.

Nero,

Did you ever install the Stage II kit?

Rob

Silver Fox, what springs are you using in the front?

Worn out stock ones that I plan on replacing with some Eaton Detroit Springs in the near future. I am getting some minor rubbing on the very outer edges of the tire (rubbing on the inner fender). I love how the car sits, but I need to bring it up a bit in the front. The springs must be pretty worn out - they compress very easy when I hit a bump or go over a speed bump.

I have an 8.5 inch rim with 4.32 inches of backspacing on front - if i had to do it again I would have got an eight inch rim with 4.5 inches of backspacing. I am also running a 245/45/17 up front - if the rubbing continues after the spring replacement, I will drop down to a 235/45/17. I hate tire rubbing issues.

Rob

More than likely you are rubbing on the outside of the rim with that offset. I really like the way the car sits but if the springs are comrpessing too fast, I cant undertand your frustration. Your brakes actually push your wheel out 3/8" and you do have a shallow offset. I may suggest the MOOG 5658 front springs. I have preached about these a lot. They will keep your car sitting very close to where it is now but the spring rate will help the loading issues you are having. Just a suggestion!!!! Nice looking car, I have always loved the silver cars! Unfortunately the only silver car I have ever owned was a parts car! BTW, those MOOG springs can be had at the parts store for for $60.

Not yet, Rob... All I need to order are Bilstein Shocks and those Moog 5658's and I'll be in business!!! Thinking of getting a new lifetime warranty steering unit from Autozone while the mechanics are that deep, may as well part with my high mileage, 21 year old stocker. That would truly be the last thing..

Update: I began tossing around the idea of an air ride (see thread) and getting the few necessary parts to turn my SS2 (scandc) kit, which is in the closet, into the AFX package. That package would force my hand... 'cause I think it needs Corvette wheels which need at least 17s... That's no problem as that's what I want to do in the end. At this point it's AFX over Air Ride..

I'll keep you posted. This WILL be done by summer lol..

Ive been wanting to redo my front suspension since I bought the car. Im planning on BMR tubular upper and lower control arms, LS1 F-Body brake conversion, and IROC springs probably. Already have a 36mm swaybar on the way and will get the SC&C chassis brace. Also gonna rebuild the whole steering system and toss in a new steering box.

Car sits on 16" GTAs for now... May go to 17" AREs if I have the cash...

Any tips on anything I left out?

FINALLY INSTALLED!!!!!

Check out the quick phone pix I snagged a few moments ago...

share.ovi.com/knero

Moog 5658s and SCANDC performance package 2!!!

17s, up next!! Car FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T SAY ENOUGH!

FINALLY INSTALLED!!!!!

Check out the quick phone pix I snagged a few moments ago...

share.ovi.com/knero

Moog 5658s and SCANDC performance package 2!!!

17s, up next!! Car FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T SAY ENOUGH!

Nero, I was starting to wonder when you were going to get finished up. Congrats on getting everything done.

Rob

Thanks man... it feels, seriously, like a brand new car... I'm still shocked it's the same car. Definitely wrote Mark a testimonial-esque email of appreciation for his products and dedication!

Yea... I'm thinking of 17s... ZR1s from slponline.com. Don't know how wide I'll go, I may try to keep the width difference from front and rear minimal... 245 and 255, for example. Not sure yet... need to see pix of ZR1s

Yea... I'm thinking of 17s... ZR1s from slponline.com. Don't know how wide I'll go, I may try to keep the width difference from front and rear minimal... 245 and 255, for example. Not sure yet... need to see pix of ZR1s

Good luck on the wheel choice. It is a tough decision. I have 245 and 255s on my car now. I am going to change out to 235s and 275s soon.

Yeah it is.... I'm almost dead set on the ZR1s (see my other thread) as the B. coddington Sultans I was considering look too similar to most other 5 spokes, still badass nonetheless.

Let me take this time to give a shout out to Jeremy for all the help!!! Appreciate it, man!!!!!!!!!!!