My suspension plans (edit/comment where necessary)

nero

Just trying to dot all Is and cross all Ts before I get into this suspension work. The feel of the car is very much like a 20 year old, 170K mile machine... not the best for daily driving. Here's a list of what I plan to do... fill in the blanks and let me know if all the parts will work together!

Thanks a ton!!

- Eibach pro-kit springs on all 4 corners
- Edelbrock IAS shocks on all 4 corners
- Tubular upper control arms (front and rear)
- Tubular lower control arms (front)
- Boxed, non adjustable lower control arms (rear)
- Frontend kit from these guys: Performance Suspension Components ::: Your Muscle Car Suspension Experts
- Center link and adjuster sleeves from them aswell
- 17s at some point... what are the best offset (I like the deepest lip possible) and backspacing for these? I'll be going 17x8 and 17x9.5

Will an LS1 brake conversion work with those? I hear it changes the whole spindle setting and Gbody parts' (where I'm getting the tubular control arms from) control arms work with stock spindle!

If I go the dual piston caliper route, everything should bolt up fine, no? Was wondering, although the DP caliper says it'll work with stock rotor... does anyone have experience with gbodyparts 10.5" rotor and would it work with the DP caliper?

Altogether the price tag isn't as staggering as I thought it would be!

Oh yea, about springs and ball joints included with tub. control arms... would it make my car lower than it's current stance or at least keep the same level?

Big thanks to RAMAIR1, 84TXGN and xcessiv for helping me through the whole thing.

Appreciate any points and tips!

Copied from the website... the front end kit includes:

The contents of the Front End Rebuild Kit varies by application, most Kits include:
Upper & Lower Ball Joints
Inner & Outer Tie Rod Ends
Idler Arm
Graphite Impregnated Polyurethane Bushings*
Upper & Lower Control Arm Bushings
Sway Bar Bushing Kit with Brackets
End Link Bushings with Hardware
Polyurethane Tie Rod Boots
Polyurethane Ball Joint Boots
Strut Rod Bushings (Where Applicable)
Some Kits Include Control Arm Bumpers
*All Black Bushings Are Graphite Impregnated Polyurethane

Don't forget to add all the frame & body braces, missing body bushings & the 2 GNX bushings. They all go a long way to strengthen & improve the feel of the car.

Sounds good to me, thanks!!! Where do you get the bushings and what kind (rubber/poly/etc)??

-Thanks-

I'd think twice about those shocks. They're designed to keep the car level under acceleration/decceleration/cornering. . .which is good, but I bet they'd hinder your launch due to the reduction in weight transfer. QA1 makes single and double adjustable (on the car) shocks for our cars that might be a better choice, albeit a lot pricier. Also, be sure to take a look at what Global West Suspension offers, they make top-quality parts, that unlike most of the competition, are designed by someone who knows suspension engineering.

As far as wheels, I have these: wheels
Love the wheels, love the price.

I'd call Marcus at Savitske Classic and Custom before you buy anything. He is incredibly knowledgeable about making g-bodies handle and has some really nice parts.

I'd think twice about those shocks. They're designed to keep the car level under acceleration/decceleration/cornering. . .which is good, but I bet they'd hinder your launch due to the reduction in weight transfer. QA1 makes single and double adjustable (on the car) shocks for our cars that might be a better choice, albeit a lot pricier. Also, be sure to take a look at what Global West Suspension offers, they make top-quality parts, that unlike most of the competition, are designed by someone who knows suspension engineering.

As far as wheels, I have these: wheels
Love the wheels, love the price.

I thought twice and thrice on those shocks! I have them up front and love them! I like to turn the key and go... don't hit the quarter mile too often enough to justify the adjusting shocks coupled with the huge price difference. I have excellent experience with the IAS and heard nada but good reviews. Thanks though... those wheels, do they have them in 17x9.5s? How deep is the lip on yours? Pics of your car? Thanks again!

Global West and SCandC, I'll look into them. SCandC was rather pricey, but I'll def. give them a call to shoot the suspension breeze. I think RAMRAI linked me to Global West, but may have lost the site... anyone have a link?

The only place I saw taller ball joints was at SCandC but it came with the kit (that has parts I'm getting elsewhere for cheaper--not cheaper in quality, but in price).

Thanks for all help..!! :biggrin:

Cool keep me posted! Does that swap retain the stock spindle set up (asking for future tubular control arms)?

I got the entire spindle-caliper-rotor assemblies, and they bolt right in. The blazer spindle are the same size as the stockers i believe. I dunno about tubular arms but I'm gonna do them too. I'll let you know how it goes, did you go to atco yesterday?

Nahhhh, I couldn't make it to ATCO. Nero is uber exclusive... but once I get the suspension done and the tints I'll make an appearance, then after wheels another... hahaha

I have the PST polygraphite front end kit and it is awsome, you won't be disappointed. I just got a set of 17" simmons wheels and am going to do the C5 brakes on the front. I would skip the all blazer setup. Ou know what they say, go big or go home. Good luck and sounds like you should have a nice handling GN.

Front control arms

I looked at Global West units and choose BMR half the price and are better built. I figure it cost more to make in CA then in Fl. Not to mention Advertising cost its your choice but I would not spend the money. On the mention of weight transfer you don't need transfer if you are using radials I get high 1.6 60 feet with my suspension, plants the tires great. It's what you want the car to do.:rolleyes:

I have the PST polygraphite front end kit and it is awsome, you won't be disappointed. I just got a set of 17" simmons wheels and am going to do the C5 brakes on the front. I would skip the all blazer setup. Ou know what they say, go big or go home. Good luck and sounds like you should have a nice handling GN.

Thanks for the tips.... some good sources told me that the dual piston setup works GREAT and he's rolling on 18s while I'll only be on 17s. I didn't want to get into changing out the spindle or anything like that and that would only leave the hella $$$ baer set up, I'm not ready to pay for that yet.

Xcessiv, I'm going GBP route for upper control arms, HELLA nice price and great reviews. BMR? Did you get lowers from them (tubular or stock type)? If so, I'll look up their website because I have yet to find front lower control arms...tubular or stock..

thanks again all!!!

Yo Kenny I'm putting in the brakes and doing the gbodyparts tubular upper front's next week, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm keeping my stock t wheels for now which is why I'm doing the blazer brakes for this year.

Thanks, let me know!!! I ordered the front nd suspension kit from Brian today! Starting to get this suspension thing going piuece by piece! Had a long talk with Marcus from SCandC real cool ,down to earth dude who gave some honest opinions!!! How do I know? 'Cause he didn't push any of his products, just gave me facts about gbody suspension geometry and other things!!! Def. recommend his stuff to anyone!!! I'll be finishing up with his Suspension package 2. Some point I'll look into 17s and maybe bigger breaks but for now, I'm going with SCandC's suspension package 2 and the dual piston calipers!

Keep me posted and I'll do the same when I finally gather all parts and get 'em installed!!!

Thanks, let me know!!! I ordered the front nd suspension kit from Brian today! Starting to get this suspension thing going piuece by piece! Had a long talk with Marcus from SCandC real cool ,down to earth dude who gave some honest opinions!!! How do I know? 'Cause he didn't push any of his products, just gave me facts about gbody suspension geometry and other things!!! Def. recommend his stuff to anyone!!! I'll be finishing up with his Suspension package 2. Some point I'll look into 17s and maybe bigger breaks but for now, I'm going with SCandC's suspension package 2 and the dual piston calipers!

Keep me posted and I'll do the same when I finally gather all parts and get 'em installed!!!

I ordered the stage 2 kit last week, and keep looking for the UPS truck to stop in front of the house! I'll let you know how it works.

Rob

I have done everything you are talking about doing.
I went with BMR uppers and lowers in the front
G-body parts upper adjustables and boxed lowers in the rear
Eibach lowering springs - all four corners
QA1 shocks
LS1 brakes - front and rear, not to much heavy modding
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/172762-ls1-brake-mod.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/206369-ls1-f-body-rear-brake-swap.html
and 17 x 8 on the front, 17 x 10 on the rear, did notch the frame for the rears. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/186699-new-wheels.html
Car handles great, has a nice stance, and brakes awsome. Hope this helps.
Its a matter of choice on the combo, I think anything would beat most of the factory parts!