My Quest

Kurt04

I wanted to start a thread to help me keep track of the passes I make and the progression of the car through out the time that I will own it. I don't really have a future ET goal in mind yet. I would like to see how fast I can go with a stock long block. At the moment I still have a stock turbo and intercooler as well.

I had an high 8/low 9 second Nitrous SBC Drag Radial S-10 that I traded for this Car. That was fun but I've always wanted a TB and I'm happy that with this car I can just hop in and drive to the strip with A/C and radio going, make some passes and go home. Lot less headache than a full on race car.

This weekend will be my first trip to the track in the GN. I'm hoping to be well into the 12's if all goes well.

Last week I ordered a Powerlogger, AFPR and Gauge, Knock gauge last week but unfortunately the Powerlogger was on back order, so I'll be watching my knock gauge and logging with just TunerPro RT.

Aside from that I have:
Alky Control Single nozzle
TurboTweak Classic Chip v5.7
Siemens 80lb Injectors
Manual Boost Controller and Boost g
Brian Hoffer Built 200-4R with Stage Right
Edge Racing Pro Edge Convertor
M&H 275/55R16 Drag Radials

Well I just now got around to updating this.

So I went to a Fun Ford Event at Gateway because they had a heads-up, any make class and it was only $30 entry. Once I was there I remembered it was 1/8th mile only class, but that was ok.

First pass I footbraked, left around zero boost.

60' - 2.009
330' - 5.622
1/8th - 8.675
MPH - 81.07

Second pass I tried the Stage-Right. This pass I realized how it was going to be hard for me to get used to the Stage-Right because my S-10 had Pro-Tree brake with a big button. I staged, brought the car up to about 5 pounds, but when it came time to launch... I LET GO OF THE SHIFTER!!!! doh! Realizing I messed up I shifted, but my foot was already on its way to the floor, so I peddled so that I didn't knock the tires off. It still managed to improve a little after that major fail of a launch.

60' - 1.963
330' - 5.512
1/8th -8.584
MPH - 78.45

Third pass. Stage-Right again. Left around 10 pounds and it liked it. Unfortunately I some how managed to shift into OD and it bogged somewhere past the 330'. If it weren't for that I think it would have been an 8.30 pass.

60' - 1.762
330' - 5.390
1/8th -8.933
MPH -71.76

I tried logging with TunerPro, but with the ALDL, the numbers are so jumpy it hard to make any sense of it.

What I did learn is that I need to make steps towards making it more fool proof to launch and get down the track. So, I'm going to get the Stage-Right shifter detent plate and a 2-step. I'll mount a micro switch to the shifter to engage the 2-step when the shifter is in 1st.

I'll also have my Powerlogger and Wideband hooked up before the next time I go. So I'll know exactly what boost I launch at and where my O2s are.