My New SB2 GN BUILD ON E98

some off the shef el cheepo tractor paint. but I had it blasted before i started. I will touch it up when i'm done:)

More parts came:D and started makeing the murge collectors and my funny car part of the cage.
roof3.jpg

roof2.jpg

roof1.jpg

dog-parts023-1.jpg

dog-parts026-1.jpg

dog-parts027-1.jpg

dog-parts028-1.jpg

dog-parts029.jpg

dog-parts030.jpg

than I found out my trans is junk. so I sent to len freeman to take care of this problem so I will have a good trans to hlod 2000 plus hp

Attachments

• trans 001.jpg
    trans 001.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • trans 002.jpg
    trans 002.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • trans 2 001.jpg
    trans 2 001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,266
  • trans 2 006.jpg
    trans 2 006.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • trans 2 008.jpg
    trans 2 008.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,270
Im thinking of doing a SBC, but i have know idea of the best, and most affordable fuel&spark setup FI. Any ideas. Nice car, sure it will fly.

Just bought the exact same intake for an sb2.2 total cost was just over 2k. Ill post some pics of my build you will die laughing the cars will almost pass as twins when finished besides paint.

That is one quality build you have going on there. Very nice attention to details bro..

Very nice! I give it 3 thumbs up! :biggrin:

BW

Just from experience. Get rid of the water pump on the engine and get a Meziere pump that can mount down near the radiator. You will have trouble keeping air pockets out of the engine even with an expansion tank mounted up high. The Sb2's need plenty of water. My radiator was vertical but still slightly below the intake and keeping the water pump circulating was an issue. Once you start making alot of power and get steam pockets in the SB2's you will loose prime on the water pump and that will cause headgasket issues as well as possibly damaging those brand new heads.

Just from experience. Get rid of the water pump on the engine and get a Meziere pump that can mount down near the radiator. You will have trouble keeping air pockets out of the engine even with an expansion tank mounted up high. The Sb2's need plenty of water. My radiator was vertical but still slightly below the intake and keeping the water pump circulating was an issue. Once you start making alot of power and get steam pockets in the SB2's you will loose prime on the water pump and that will cause headgasket issues as well as possibly damaging those brand new heads.
Thats why I was told to put 6 an lines in the heads? From the center of the head to the water pump

That don't work. A steam pocket will develop between the center ports and it's a higher pressure than the water pump puts up. So the steam pushes back into the water pump and causes it to loose suction. Been there, done that, got the gaskets and the groove in the heads to prove it.

NASCAR put the water to the center of the heads but they are using a very high pressure mechanical pump, much different than the drag race pumps. NASCAR also only made 800hp??? Your trying to double that and then some......that kind of power makes ALOT more heat.

Best thing to do is put the water pump down near the radiator and run the lines from the center of the head to the top of the radiator. This gives the heat a place to go, the steam generated will push out of the head and into the radiator. You will also need an expansion tank above the intake to give the radiator a place to vent when you fill the system. Meziere has an expansion tank diagram on their website so you can see how to properly run the lines.

I ran a -4 from the filler neck on the intake to the expansion tank, then off the bottom of the tank to the radiator with -12.