My New SB2 GN BUILD ON E98

smoke20

he we go. I'm building a new street car/race car. its a 87 grand national stock susp car. with a 315 drage radial.

engine is a 406 dart Iron Eagle block
callies crank
oliver billet
dimound pistions
new sb2 heads
mike moran cam
jesel lifters and rockers
mike moran 275lb injectors
12 gpm welden fuel pump cable driven
106mm turbo

transmission is a len freeman performance
neil chance bolt together aluminum converter

strange 9 inch with ultra case, afco shocks trz contral arms all the way around

cage is a 25.3 in works now

gn.jpg

dash.jpg

sb2.jpg

253.jpg

engine005.jpg

9-20-09026.jpg

9-20-09023.jpg

frame004.jpg

Thats pretty awesome. This is gonna be one BA car! I like the mods to the rear end upper control arm mounts. I have to do this to mine to correct the IC.

Is the above pic the final stance of the car ? I suggest to make your rear portion of the notch deeper and closer to the body mount. This will allow for any changes later like lowering the car over the tire with a different offset. As you have found out its much easier to work do it now while the body is off. Im only suggesting as I had to re notch mine and hated every second of it.

Thanks Louie for the info, I have a new rearend housing comming to tuck the tires in more, and notched it more already (good eye) It will sit lower. No fuel cell or intercooler tank yet.

ps how did you get to run your car at the buick nats. I got a ear full when I wanted to bring the twin turbo x because it's was chevy powered?

Is it possible for you to post more pics of the rear end brackets?

Sent you a PM on the Nats.

Sure I sold that rear end. I will take some befor i ship it. Its two slotted brackets we use on Late model stock cars. 3/4 rod ends, a couple spacers and your done.

9-20-09025.jpg

Awsome build. There has to be 2 grand just in injectors (garden nozzels)! I like the intake. Now I see the bolts that let you remove the top section of the intake so is the plate the throttle body bolts to a split plate? Good idea on the intake I like it. Bad ass job on the frame work too, top notch work. I can see alot of hard work and many hours have already gone into this project. Is E98 readily avaliable in your area? Good luck keep up the hard work!
Terry

Oh yeah, when you get time can you post some pics of the floor pan tubing and give some specs, size .wall thickness, bend radius. I want to complete my cage by adding the bottom side frame later on thanks.

Oh yeah, when you get time can you post some pics of the floor pan tubing and give some specs, size .wall thickness, bend radius. I want to complete my cage by adding the bottom side frame later on thanks.

I can get e98 in drums pretty quick, on the street I will run e85 witch I can get at every outher gas station up here. Injectors are Mike Moran 275lb they were like 2700.

The floor pans are all base off sfi spec 25.3 for the cage it will cert to 6.50. so it is all cm tubing. when I go to my buddies shop were we are doing the cage I will get that for you or have him chime in.

Take a close look at the radiator support. weighs 4lbs

Is andy at dyno tune in watertown sd tuning that thing i remember andy telling me about this one nice to see pics

the intake was about 1000.00 from M&M Competition Engine's the number is 317-353-1617 fully ported.

Andy from dyno tune is going to help tune it, and I'm going to send the xfi to Kenny Dutweiller to do the base tune. Andy is a great guy. I think he said we will do it in my driveway ;). We had my malibu on his dyno smoking the tires did just under 900. we are shooting to double that!