My New SB2 GN BUILD ON E98

That don't work. A steam pocket will develop between the center ports and it's a higher pressure than the water pump puts up. So the steam pushes back into the water pump and causes it to loose suction. Been there, done that, got the gaskets and the groove in the heads to prove it.

NASCAR put the water to the center of the heads but they are using a very high pressure mechanical pump, much different than the drag race pumps. NASCAR also only made 800hp??? Your trying to double that and then some......that kind of power makes ALOT more heat.

Best thing to do is put the water pump down near the radiator and run the lines from the center of the head to the top of the radiator. This gives the heat a place to go, the steam generated will push out of the head and into the radiator. You will also need an expansion tank above the intake to give the radiator a place to vent when you fill the system. Meziere has an expansion tank diagram on their website so you can see how to properly run the lines.

I ran a -4 from the filler neck on the intake to the expansion tank, then off the bottom of the tank to the radiator with -12.

Talked to Kenny Duttweiler last nite, he said put a Stewart esp pump and I will have no problems, some cancept as you

25,000 rolling, yes I made 6 passes nothing over 10 lbs of boost. made ove 1600 to the rear tires and being shot for gm high tech this weekend

what were the 60ft times?
can we see pics of uner the rear of the car and how the frame was braced back after the mini tub job

here you go

Attachments

• frame 001.jpg
    frame 001.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 294
  • frame 002.jpg
    frame 002.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 302
  • frame 003.jpg
    frame 003.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 294