My New mistress !

Your not going to put swirl marks in that nice shiny paint, are you? :rolleyes:

Is that what happen to the last car Lou had :rolleyes:

Lou might be the best at turbo Buick motor building, but Mike Barnard is the best that there is for polishing out the paint swirls and bring back to life tired paint jobs.

About the only way to get a price out of Lou is to PM and / or call him.
I'm going to have a real hard time parting with this one it is so pretty. I did some tuning on it & it runs nice. I'm asking $21,000.00 for it. Won't hurt my feelings at all if it doesn't sell.

Sounds like a very fair price to me. Should sell pretty quick.
Gary, I can tell you that I paid good money for this one. So it either sells for that or I keep it. If you get a chance come over for a visit & check it out.

Are you going to be around Saturday afternoon? I'll be in Mission Viejo til 3pm or so.. If you're around I'll swing by

Sounds like a very fair price to me. Should sell pretty quick.

Your son spoolfool came by today to appraise & drive it. Has offered to detail it as only he can for the modest sum of a lunch engagement.

Your son spoolfool came by today to appraise & drive it. Has offered to detail it as only he can for the modest sum of a lunch engagement.

Nobody can polish out and / or bring tired paint back to life like Mike can. I'd say that you are getting off very cheap.

The Spoolfool honest opinion.

I got to take Lou's new GN out for a spin. First off, I've bought and sold many classic cars. Normaly, on an older car, a have no problem filling an entire page with all the stuff I find wrong. This list is then used to negotiate the price down, or come to the conclusion that a car is not worth what the seller is asking. I had a hard time finding much fault in this time capsule of a car. On first walking around this car, Lou informed me that the past owner never drove it in the rain, and never washed it with water, not even once. I found this very hard to believe and proudly raised the BS flag. This flag was short lived as soon as I went under the back of the car and found No rust, and all the cad plating still like new. The under side of this thing is as enjoyable to look at as the top side. Engine compartment and interior are in equal condition.

I didn't spent as much time on the car as I would if I were looking to buy it. And I only drove the car for about ten minutes, but here's the only stuff that I could find wrong with it, or that I would change as a buyer.

Engine compartment: Red sparkplug wires and big old exposed dirty K@N air filter look out of place, on an otherwise pristine, stock engine.

Paint: Not perfect. They never were from the factory. However, I have yet to see a nicer 24 year old paint job. It looks like most of the scratches could be buffed out with just a swirl remover and a foam pad. Didn't see any blistering, pealing or checking. It's as if someone kept this thing hermetically sealed in a giant zip-lock bag for two and a half decades. I did see the typical, inch long paint crack on the drivers side roof piller. Right side did not have this. The right front bumper filler is ready for replacment. Left side and rears look nice.

Interior: Looks factory fresh. Car has a newer sterio. It's color is a bit different than the grey and black dash surrounding it, and is obviously after market. Three guages were tastfully installed with factory looking grey bezels. 1 boost guage on the piller, and two guages in the console in front of the shifter, under the dash. These were installed with great care and look factory. Personally, I would not take points away for having them there. Door and window seals look soft and feel like new.

The drive: This is where I was impressed the most. I did not go over about 55 mph or 5 lbs boost. (sorry Meanchicken:eek:) I started the car up cold and it did take a few minutes to warm up. Once out on Lakeforrest Blvd, I said to myself, "this is what they must have driven like when new". Everything felt very tight. The steering had almost zero play. There was not a single creak, rattle or whistle. The Baer brakes had almost no peddle travel and stopped the car with very little effert. The low profile tires handled nice going up the windy road behind Lou's shop. The one/two shift did seam just a bit too firm, but not uncomfortable like some TBs I've driven. A TV cable adjustment may soften it a bit. The only other TB that I've driven that compairs to this one is Gary's white, low milage, 87 Limited. I think that Gary's paint and interior might be a tick nicer, but this car has a little cleaner engine compartment and under side.

Over all impression: There is no such thing as a perfect car, especialy an older muscle car. I'd say this is about as good as it gets for a nice, original, drivable 87 GN. All the fly sh!t that I found on this thing could easely be fixed for not much money. I don't think people realize just how nice this car is or it would already be sold. If it were mine, I'd loose the disco wheels and get a set of my aluminum GN Budnik wheels in 17" to go over the big Baer brakes.
alumGNrims020.jpg

And then I'd mod the CRAP out of it...:eek::D

Mike Barnard

Thanks Mike for the honest evaluation. I have since ditched the K & N filter you disliked with the stock air cleaner assm. The red plug wires also will be replaced with some stock ones. The minor paint imperfections will be buffed out as promised by your offer to help. New original front body fillers are on the way from highway stars & that should make the car as perfect as it gets. The wheels are up to whom ever buys the car as this is a matter of personnel preference. The budnik wheels are best but I also like the GNX or GTA wheels for the car & am working with paulg on a set. I will keep going around the car till it sells looking for any little thing that can make it better. Thanks Lou

Sounds disgusting...so clean and perfect...gimme her for a night so I can give her a proper stretch and return her to you...a dirty, naughty girl...:D

Sounds disgusting...so clean and perfect...gimme her for a night so I can give her a proper stretch and return her to you...a dirty, naughty girl...:D
Chicken, you have a Buick & are doing an extreme disservice to the community by laying your car up. Mustangs & chevy running loose trampling on your domain & claiming the streets for their. Have you no decency You are a bad rooster & an embarrassment !

Turbo Buicks, unlike what you are thinking of, do not stretch a mile before they tear an inch.