My latest project.....

TURBO 6

Beer Snob
Staff member
Couldn't stand seeing guys with these new 5.0's dominate the street/track so I got one. So far I'm very impressed with the build quality, fit and finish. Ford did a real good job on these new 5.0's.

If you're not familiar with the stock performance of these cars, they average 12.70's at around 112 mph with an auto transmission. Very impressive for a stock auto.

I bought mine in April and thought I was going to keep it limited to just bolt ons. After weighing out the cost of a torque converter, gears, cold air intake, tune, x pipe, I decided it would be more cost effective to put a blower on it. The blower is a Roush TVS 2.3, I'm told it's pretty much the same blower that the ZR1 has. The kit was very well engineered and complete. They left nothing out. Looks factory to say the least.
This combo has been proven to run 10.80's @ 128 mph with nothing other than drag radials on a bone stock auto.
My friend's has the same blower with an x pipe, race rims and tires and he's he's gone 10.50's @ 132 mph. I fully expect mine to run the same, this has been done over and over. This is still on pump gas with low timing. This combo has gone 9.70's @ 144 on the stock engine and tranny. So the potential is there, but I'll keep at mid 10's for a while.

Sure it's not a Buick, but I'm still a Buick guy at heart. Just taking a break. My next Buick will probably be a low milage all original car that I can just cruise.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 686
wats the stock HP? a little over 400 right? like 410 or so. where is the E55? u trade it in? and how much power does the blower give u? how bout some pics of the interior?

It's a 2012, stock hp is 412 at the flywheel, after the blower should have 550 hp like it sits with the biggest pulley and low timing. I expect around 650 rwhp maxed out.
E55 is gone.

Interior is all stock no pics on hand.

what mods are u gonna do to get to 650 hp? will the tranny hold that kinda power? and wat happened to the Zo6?

12 psi of boost, 104 octane and larger injectors. No there's no mods available for the transmission. Transmissions seem to be holding up fine. There's one car in the 8's on the stock auto. Several 9 second cars.

Z06 wasn't practical. I was showing the kids a couple of pics and they asked "where are we going to sit?" I didn't think they'd care what I got. I couldn't see buying a Camaro when the Mustang is faster.

Jason, Steven told me what you said. Get one, you won't regret it.

Nice! I've been wanting to get into one of these for a while and sell the TR. I agree Ford did a good job on this one, although i'm not fond of the rear bumper.

Time to see how the Challenger and the Camaro will respond.

Marianne wants a convertible to replace her MKS, now that I have the Jeep SRT8 family car she can have a toy.
Mike

hello; There's a few of those at work and a couple of Saleens. I've never been in a new one but if the looks match the drive it's a winner. Mustangs have been out a long time and they should have there act togeather.
IBBY

These cars are tough to beat for the peformance & money. Some simple bolt ons and you are running 9's! Pretty sick if you ask me. Congrats!

That car is Awesome !!!
It's like my car grew up + went on steroids.same color + chrome wheels even.
It's a 10 yr snapshot of the gt then + now ,but the new one being probably 2 seconds faster then the old with basically the 1 same mod.
Mine is a fun little tire burner,I'm thinking mid 12's at best, yours must be a beast.
I think it was a wise choice to go the blower route instead of the bolt ons. It allows it to be a nice quiet comfortable everyday driver,you don't even know it's there,until you get on it,I'm sure yours is the same way,just a whole lot faster, and bolt ons can always be added later if you want them.
In a few yrs when the prices come down i will be looking for one like yours.
10's with just the addition of a blower that doesn't effect drivability in any way is incredible.:cool:

Here is a video of what you have to look forward to.
‪2011 mustang gt 5.0 roush supercharged pass time.‬‏ - YouTube
The announcer asks him if it's an electric car,he can't even hear it,it's so quiet,but then rips off a mid 10, that's impressive,gotta love it.

Attachments

• P1000652.jpg
    P1000652.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 418
  • P1000666.jpg
    P1000666.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 407