My gn frame

RUDE DOG

Rudeawakening
These are some pics of the progress on my car. The frame was cleaned primed and painted.
My engine is complete as is my tranny. Just a whole lot of work still left and the snow will be coming soon.
Just waiting on my bushings balljoints and hardware to get here to start some assembly.
gn 050.jpg
gn 049.jpggn 046.jpggn 047.jpggn 040.jpg

Looks really good! I wish I hadn't been lazy when I had my engine and tranny out and took the body off and painted the frame like you. I even disconnected the body from the frame to do the bushings, so it would have been the perfect time. Yours looks really nice, so does the engine! Nice work!

It seems like a lot of work...because it is. It's worth it as long as you have a decent car to work with.

Thanks guys.I used BSP200 duplicolor Jet Black and their primer.As far as prep I had to wire brush the whole thing channels had undercoating so some solvent and a rag did it.Hit the whole thing with a sander,degrease and wash before i hit it with primer.Primer sat dried was a few days I hit it with some scocth brite to make sure the paint would hold I washed then paint.Hopefully it holds but then again its not for show its for me.Thanks Again Rudy

Heres some more pics. I did electrolysis on the control arms, coil springs, And the spindles. Ill be gettin some aftermarket arms for the rear.

tt 001.jpgtt 002.jpgtt 003.jpgtt 004.jpg

Just got my 30 spline axles. Im installing an 8.5 T2 torsen. Its a new unit not a knockoff.Heres some pics. Will post more pics tomarrow.
rear diff.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
moser axle 003.jpg
Ill be installing new 3.42 gears the original had a chipped tooth and the bearings where trash.

Been reading a lot about some frame mods. Ill probably be doin something. Also ran into charlies thread about beefing up the rear.
It was awesome but anyway ill keep everyone posted on the progress of my build. Been quite busy at work.Had to adjust to new shift. Thanks Rudy

I think you'll like the thorsen unit, but remember it's not a posi exactly. As far as the frame bracing you mess up that purty paint job, which I'd hate to see happen.:)

Your right but I might as well do it now since it is off the body. A lot of touching up later. I really like the way you made yours charlie. Is that stencil still available.

Your right but I might as well do it now since it is off the body. A lot of touching up later. I really like the way you made yours charlie. Is that stencil still available.

Kinda? Some of the members on here have talked me (maybe) into marketing some the stuff I've done. I can make you a set if you're interested, but the only copy that will be given out for free is going to Norway, seriously.:) I can either let you have it in pieces or weld it all up so all you need to do is fit and weld it up.

So how much is it going to cost to make me some charlie. I wont have the money till the 30th of december this is my payday. PM me at my email
rudeawakening07@yahoo.com Ill be happy to buy a set especially if i dont have to make them. Will save me time Thanks Rudy

Resto looks good. Keep up the good work. There are many different ways to beef up the frame/suspension etc...It's too bad most people on this board are more concerned about making money than helping others further their projects....it's gettin really old...no wonder this board is dying... :rolleyes:

Parts should be headed your way this week Rudy. I wasn't happy with the way the welds looked so I'm re-doing the parts again.:(

So far this is what ive got. I plan on getting a TA girdle for the rear or equivalant. I also have some braces I got from charlie that im going to weld. Still too much to do. But im going to start on the floorpans. They should be getting here in a couple days. Low on money so i sold the LT1 out of my vette just to try and make ends meet. The vette was a project in itself and i wanted to dedicate my time on only one, so i chose the GN.The last pics shows some of the cancer im dealing with. But i got my game plan.
feb 015.JPG

Attachments

• feb 016.JPG
    feb 016.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 127
  • floor%20009.jpg
    floor%20009.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 128
  • floor%20011.jpg
    floor%20011.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 121