My first post, Syclone owner #2213

R&C_rallySyTy

Hello fellow want to go fast friends,
Just wanted to drop by and see what goes on over here on the Turbo Buick Forums.

My forum history...
I have been over on the SyTy forum for about a year now and also CobaltSS.net. (been a member there for 3 years) Someone is coming this week to pick up my Cobalt SS supercharged and take it off my hands. Before all of that I was a member at F-body forums. First car was a Camaro when I was 16 years old. (worked my ass off to buy one 30+hours a week + in highschool) The turbo Buicks have always held a sweet spot on my heart.

Little about myself...
Ever since I was a small child my parents tell me I was interested in cars/trucks. Once I got a little older my dad showed me some pictures of his old school 60s muscle cars. I fell in love and when it was my turn to start driving 8-9 years ago I got a Camaro. Got myself into some trouble but for the most part I was a good teen compared to the "norm".
Now I stay busy working on my Syclone and taking care of my two beautiful daughters. My oldest is 4 years old and my youngest will be 2 in May. My wife and I have been together through it all since Highschool. We have been struggling lately because this great economy effected my job and they laid me off. That was back in Aug. but now I'm working again. (Can't remember when I did not work) Now I'm making about 45% less then I was before, no vacation or sick time yet. No benefits and just trying to hang in there. So now you know a little about me, and yes I'm out going and like to meet knew people.

BTW, I also have a turbo for sale that the members of SyTy.net told me I should come over here. I guess you guys like TE45A turbos? I'm going to need something different for my built 4.3l Sy motor. Would anyone here be interested in it? It has no shaft play at all, and only has about 1k miles on it. The previous owner of my Syclone used it to break in the motor and it has like 2 track passes. It is a TE45A with 66 exhaust side, and I think a 63 A/R. Then again I guess I would have to put this in the Classified section of the forum...I'll post some pics in there next.

Show us what u got.

I work third shift tonight and then I'm done until Saturday at midnight to 8am. Have to love the grave yard shift. Anyways, I'll post a quick picture of my old engine bay. Right now I'm cleaning everything up and got rid of the water to air IC. I'm upgrading to a air to air unit and trying to figure out what turbo to go with. This picture has the TE45A turbo on it.

summer_2008_193.jpg

summer_2008_191.jpg

summer_2008_188.jpg

And a more recent picture where my project is slowly coming along:

charitys524ov6.jpg

charitys521qc8.jpg

charitys519er4.jpg

Very nice. Still one of my favorite vehicles. Will definately own one some day.

welcome

i have a 91 Syclone...fun little truck...bone stock ran a 13.46 at 99 and some change...don't know if i will ever mod it but a te45a on it sure sounds good:) what does it run and what brand hood do you have? thanks Bob

looks like a harwood fiberglass hood to me

Truck looks nice, i'd ditch that a2w setup and go with a a2a one. Mine was night and day difference plus you can get a pretty good amount of dough over on syty.net for that atr upper ic you have which should pay for your a2a core and most of the piping.

Although you want to upgrade the turbo what downpipe are you running? stock doesn't fit jack except the rpm turbos over on sytyperformance.com other then that you have pickup a pte or sytyperformance dp if you want anything else. Just another thing to think of beside what stall is needed with what new size turbo you purchase :)

Also since you have your truck down and no ac compressor in the truck why not go with one of the ac delete kits Renz on syty.net is selling? that way you can delete that entire ac bracket from the pas side of your motor. Mine's gone but I had to make my own because I did it years ago. here's a picture of what im talking about with my motor

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss160/v6turbo/more pictures/DSC09468.jpg

i have a 91 Syclone...fun little truck...bone stock ran a 13.46 at 99 and some change...don't know if i will ever mod it but a te45a on it sure sounds good:) what does it run and what brand hood do you have? thanks Bob

Cervinis fiberclass 2" cowl hood. It weighs much less then the stock steel hood. ;) The previous owner went high 11s with the old set up. I'm changing some things which I will get into later. :cool:

im just doing the motor in my syclone give me a call i would like 2 ask u some thing 609 672 8311 my name is nick

Welcome to the forum / site. Nice whip. There is also a "For Sale" section that you might want to consider. Also a good "SyTy" section here.

Welcome to the forum / site. Nice whip. There is also a "For Sale" section that you might want to consider. Also a good "SyTy" section here.

Thanks for the reply. I did end up posting the turbo and selling it to a board member. They were happy with the turbo and shaved some nice time off their 1/4th mile times. I'm here from time to time checking out post and reading. Learn something new every day.