My car is totalled!

Pox

Neither small nor chicken
Everyone, I just got my car running and now it is totalled. I was involved in a head on collision with both vehicles going 40mph. I need to salvage some of the parts off the car in order to recoup some of my loss but have nowhere to do so. If anyone knows of a place where I can have it towed to, I only need a couple of days to remove what I want; then i'll surrender the title as an abandoned vehicle. The rest you would be welcome to have. I can't afford to keep the larger parts, so I will most likely have to leave the newly built Ted's block, race seats, wheels and tires, and a number of other aftermarket parts.

-Jon

Sorry to hear that Jon! Damn, you just got that car running too.....

Left you a voicemail & PM.

Hey Jon,
Sorry to hear about your accident and loss. If you only need a couple of days than I have a place in mind thats not too far. Give me a call 258-0053.
Derek:cool:

Jon,

I'll be glad to help if you need, and I can take care of the disposal as well...

Sorry for your loss... as I said, I can help if you need...

Robert

sorry to hear about your loss jon. if you need help lmk. but it looks like you have more then enough.

Hey Jon,
Sorry to hear about your car, hope you're ok as well, if you need help call me :)

Joe C.

I think I am going to be all right. I went to the ER today and got checked out just to be sure and they said I could return to work in a couple days, so I guess that's a good sign. Thank God for seat belts cause if I hadn't had mine on I would be dead.

Thank you all for your response and well wishes. Special thanks to Derek and his family, he gave me a ride over to All Island Towing and used his AAA membership to get the car towed to his folk's place. I don't know how long I can keep it there, so I'll probably have to move it before salvaging what I can. So far the bills have come to about $300. I really need to recoup what I can from this wreck as I know I am going to have to pay some more in medical bills. I don't think I am going to be able to afford another project at this time. Any help that you guys can lend me in stripping the car would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking to get a good deal on some parts, just let me know what you are interested in picking up. After I finish talking with the insurance people I'll try to make a list of what I have to part out.

No problem Jon, glad to help.

Robert, sorry I tried calling you earlier and missed your return call. I was calling because of this situation that Jon was in. He may need a better place suitable for stripping the car down more. Ill give you a call tomorrow/today. The car is really really lets say damaged.........At least he walked away from it.

Talk to you guys later,

Glad to hear your OK

Jon,

you can always replace the car or get another glad too hear you walked away from this crash with your life..........

Sorry to hear what happened, but it is good that you are alright.

Originally posted by quicker6
No problem Jon, glad to help.

Robert, sorry I tried calling you earlier and missed your return call. I was calling because of this situation that Jon was in. He may need a better place suitable for stripping the car down more. Ill give you a call tomorrow/today. The car is really really lets say damaged.........At least he walked away from it.

Talk to you guys later,

So Derek, the car is at your parents house...???

Yeah, gimme a call when you can regarding gutting and transporting the car......

I can provide some storage space while you try to recoupe your cash from the car Jon...

Be glad you walked away in one piece... a car is after all, only a car... your life is worth much more...

Motor, Trans and Rear we can find a place for if you really need... (at lest until we can find buyers... )

Originally posted by Pox
I think I am going to be all right. I went to the ER today and got checked out just to be sure and they said I could return to work in a couple days, so I guess that's a good sign. Thank God for seat belts cause if I hadn't had mine on I would be dead.

Thank you all for your response and well wishes. Special thanks to Derek and his family, he gave me a ride over to All Island Towing and used his AAA membership to get the car towed to his folk's place. I don't know how long I can keep it there, so I'll probably have to move it before salvaging what I can. So far the bills have come to about $300. I really need to recoup what I can from this wreck as I know I am going to have to pay some more in medical bills. I don't think I am going to be able to afford another project at this time. Any help that you guys can lend me in stripping the car would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone is looking to get a good deal on some parts, just let me know what you are interested in picking up. After I finish talking with the insurance people I'll try to make a list of what I have to part out.

Jon,

Touch nothing in the car until you settle with the insurance company... They get picky if you start to strip the car before you settle...

BTW, was it the other parties fault?..

Here is a preliminary parts listing

here are some of the parts that I am going to be parting out. I'd especially prefer to sell the larger items to you guys as I know how much shipping tends to add. I have a friend who works for Fedex so I can get a good deal to the mainland too. I would much prefer to sell the engine as a whole: i.e. everything in blue give offers for now.

Ignition and Electrical

Brand new Computer controlled coil ignition (CCCI) module and coil pack $225
MSD DIS 4 with GN adapter $200.00
Accel 300+ 8.8mm wires (500 miles) $50
New Impala 140 Amp alternator (500 miles) $100

Motor (block and accessories)

3.8L Block (500 miles on engine build) with polished lifter valley and the 2nd and 3rd oil mains slightly enlarged for better

flow to 2nd and 3rd crank mains
New seals all over and ARP head studs
New water pump (500 miles) $30
RJC aluminum pulleys (alternator, crank, and water pump) $100
Buick Motorsports valve covers $75
T&D 1.65 roller rockers $300
RJC Valve cover spacers for roller rockers $125
Crane Cams lifters and 120lb. Double springs $200.00
210-210 camshaft
.30 over TRW pistons
RJC engine girdle $350
Hooker Dual Stainless steel exhaust
Port & polished 4.1L heads with bigger valves $700
Port and polished intake manifold $150
RJC Stocker Power plate $40

ECM & Sensors

Accel SFI (rare sequential version of DFI) 6.0 with harness adapter with 2 & 3 Bar MAP sensors $650 shipped
cam sensor
2 new crank sensors
knock sensor
oil temp sensor
water temp sensor

Fuel System

Areomotive A1000 fuel pump and Accel inline fuel filter with adapters for braided steel line $350
braded steel line from tank to fuel rail -8an with fittings $100
Accufab billet aluminum adj. fuel pressure regulator $75
Sumped gas tank $150

Turbo, Exhaust, and Intake

Jay Jackson 62mm Throttle Body 86-87 $100
Delta Wastegate (500 miles) $100
Turbonetics T60-1 Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo with dual 38mm wastegate ports (only 500 miles!) $950
Custom downpipe with wide band O2 bung for t60-1 turbo above (small dent) $250
Atr race turbo headers w/ ceramicrome coating (non-log style) $450
Polished up-pipe and Tial BOV (with couplings and clamps) $250 shipped
TurboXS dual stage boost controller

Other Items

New black carpet $150
A pair of race seats (22 lbs a piece) good condition w/ sliders - some slight fading $100 per
Metco billet aluminum Adjutable Upper and Lower control arms $400 for the set
A pair of airbags $50
B&M Pro Shifter modified for 4 gear OD transmissions $75

Corrections on prices

Valve spacers $65

Long Block $3500 obo

Short block (girdle included) $2500 obo