My car getting a long needed new paint job

Phoneguy

Cometic HG stress tester
My car was in serious need of paint due to the GM lacquer being shattered on all of the top surfaces.
My wife's cousin owns 13 DuPont paint stores in Missouri and Illinois. I have done his voice and data work for him for many years for free for the most part. For the last 4 years he has been trying to get to my car and our schedules have conflicted. Well, about 3 weeks before BG he made the call and wanted my car...
My car is a 43,xxx mile car with no rust and only minor dings/dents so there was very minimal work to do to the body. The car was stripped to bare metal and filler used at the rear roof edge to clean up the factory lines that were not perfect from GM. Primed, blocked, sealed. Since my wife's cousin does so much business with DuPont they allowed him to use their state-of-the-art spray booth at their training facility, seriously nice booth!! 3 coats of Standox Deep Black, 3 coats of Standocryl VOC Platinum Clearcoat. The clear had a few imperfections so they wet sanded the car and applied another 3 coats of clear. I ordered a set of GBodyparts new oem fillers which arrived yesterday and will get painted tomorrow. The car looks incredible and has not been wet sanded or buffed yet. I cant wait to see the car done !!!
imagejpeg_3.jpg
imagejpeg_4-1.jpg
imagejpeg_6-1.jpg
imagejpeg_7-1.jpg
_MG_1926.JPG
IMG_5021.jpg
IMG_4419.jpg
IMG_3471.jpg
IMG_6114.jpg

gorgeous...mine could use the same treatment:)

Thanks, I have waited a LONG time for this. I dropped off the new GBodyparts oem fillers today to get painted. Car should be back together in a few days. Still needs a new headliner though, the old one crumbled when removed...

Bryan

Looking good .....will see in in person next year....regards rick

Looking good .....will see in in person next year....regards rick
Thanks Rick, I will be there...I cant thank you enough for welding, drilling, tapping and milling the piece back on my intake...Also the custom oil return you milled...I owe you dinner at least !

Bryan

Wow what a difference! Hope to see a good before and after pics.

Wow what a difference! Hope to see a good before and after pics.
Unfortunately I have lost the pics of the car in the before stages...:mad:...hard drive crash. I hope I can find some showing the shattered paint...

Bryan

Very, very, very nice!

That Black looks deep enough to dive into, seriously!

You are one lucky guy.

A White TR from Arizona that received much of the same type attention at a facility that shall remain unamed and, albeit without the corporate sponsorship, is turning out quite nicely, will soon be debuted........

I'll leave it to the owner to elaborate on his experience.........:D

Very, very nice!

You're one lucky guy.

A White TR from Arizona that received much of the same type attention, albeit without the corporate sponsorship, will soon be debuted........

I'll leave it to the owner to elaborate on his experience.........:D
Thanks...
No corporate sponsorship here...18 years of doing work for free for a family member, he is just paying me back. I met my wife in 1983....I have known him for a few years longer. the use of the DuPont spray booth was a bonus.

Bryan

Thanks...
No corporate sponsorship here...18 years of doing work for free for a family member, he is just paying me back. I met my wife in 1983....I have known him for a few years longer. the use of the DuPont spray booth was a bonus.

Bryan

"the use of the DuPont spray booth was a bonus."

Guess I'm jus' a li'l envious...........;)

"the use of the DuPont spray booth was a bonus."

Guess I'm jus' a li'l enveyous...........;)
LOL. I hear ya.
The original plan was to use the booth at his house, I don't know how he got the use of the training facility. He was pretty excited to get to use it as it has a wicked up draft system, amazing lighting and digital oven.

Bryan

B
You will be able to push that to the car show and do well. O snap!
J/J
Cruse for style not for speed.

Phoneguy said:
I knew I couldnt get past you...LOL

Bryan[/QUOTE

She be sweet though bro. You have really had to pay your dues lately. Now it is time to enjoy it a little.

LOL. I hear ya.
The original plan was to use the booth at his house, I don't know how he got the use of the training facility. He was pretty exited to get to use it as it has a wicked up draft system, amazing lighting and digital oven.

Bryan

Let's just say "I understand"......:)