My boost is dropping five pounds why

So you don’t really know what’s happening or how high it might be spiking. Increase the wastegate bypass and reduce the actuator tension some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually the actuator rod is backed up all the way.

So it was holding 20 psi boost before this problem?[/. When it was cooler it did some times and that was using the actuator rod.i thought that may have something to do with,then I installed the rjc boost control and it seems it does the same.Yes the actuator rod is backed all the way out.I just started testing it now ,it spools up so hard is hard to keep your eyes on the road and the boost gauge.But last Saturday I was able to see it on the gauge that is dropping form 20psi to 15psi.

So you don’t really know what’s happening or how high it might be spiking. Increase the wastegate bypass and reduce the actuator tension some

Will do that this weekend see what happens thanks.

Did you install the RJC controller while it was originally holding at 20psi?

If you installed the RJC controller and have now backed the wastegate rod out all the way, it sounds like the RJC controller is too tight, causing the boost to spike and then settle at what the wastegate actuator is at.

Remove the RJC boost controller and see what it does. My money is that the controller is too tight.

Like Bison said, if you can log this please, that would help us out a lot.

No need to remove the valve. It may be easier to just take the ball and spring out which would disable it

No need to remove the valve. It may be easier to just take the ball and spring out which would disable it

Yea but if you're an idiot like me, you may forget which side gets the ball. Why risk that if you can just remove the whole thing?

I'll even mail him vacuum line if he can't afford to replace it. We "fucking assholes" are known for doing stuff like that.

If you look at the direction of flow off the pressure source it’s very easy to determine where the ball goes.

If you look at the direction of flow off the pressure source it’s very easy to determine where the ball goes.

Example # 2 in this thread where my sarcasm does not translate...

Do they still make those big cone-shaped hats that say "Dunce" on them? I feel like I should be wearing one of those..

Did you install the RJC controller while it was originally holding at 20psi?

If you installed the RJC controller and have now backed the wastegate rod out all the way, it sounds like the RJC controller is too tight, causing the boost to spike and then settle at what the wastegate actuator is at.

Remove the RJC boost controller and see what it does. My money is that the controller is too tight.

Like Bison said, if you can log this please, that would help us out a lot.
Ok.Thanks I will try to loosing up the rjc boost controller this weekend see what happens.I have no way of login it,I don’t have a power log.It held boost a couple of times when it was cooler in the morning,and that was with the actuator rod alone.Bu then starting to do the same thing on the actuator rod,that’s when I decided to install the rjc boost controller.Thanks for your time and help guys.

Ok.Thanks I will try to loosing up the rjc boost controller this weekend see what happens.I have no way of login it,I don’t have a power log.It held boost a couple of times when it was cooler in the morning,and that was with the actuator rod alone.Bu then starting to do the same thing on the actuator rod,that’s when I decided to install the rjc boost controller.Thanks for your time and help guys.

Gotcha.

Can you remove the RJC boost controller completely and run the car with JUST the wastegate actuator controlling the boost?