My boost is dropping five pounds why

Emiliano Lago

6262 turbo
Hey guys I have a 1989 turbo trans an I have 72 milemiter dog house,throttle body,60 pound injectors,alkycontrol,Erick’s chip 3 inch down pipe my boost hits 20 lbs then drops to 15 lbs why any help would be great

It does it right after it hits 20 psi then it goes down to 15 psi oh I forgot it a 6268 precision turbo if that makes any difference thanks

Ok, first off...

If you actually want help, you need to provide more details as to what is going on, and use complete sentences with correct punctuation as well. Reading your posts hurt my brain.

What turbo do you have? I see you wrote 6268, but PTE doesn't make a 6268...
What is controlling your boost? (Wastegate actuator? Aftermarket boost controller? Etc)
Are you sure the boost isn't just SPIKING to 20psi, and then settling at 15psi?
Have you ported the wastegate puck hole on the turbine housing?

My guess here, from trying to decipher your wonderfully articulated posts providing clear and concise descriptions of the situation you are trying to remedy....is that your wastegate puck hole on the turbine housing needs to be ported, and your wastegate actuator is probably old and the spring is weak, causing the boost to spike when it reaches the target pressure.

Ok, first off...

If you actually want help, you need to provide more details as to what is going on, and use complete sentences with correct punctuation as well. Reading your posts hurt my brain.

What is controlling your boost? (Wastegate actuator? Aftermarket boost controller? Etc)

My guess here, from trying to decipher your wonderfully articulated posts providing clear and concise descriptions of the situation you are trying to remedy....is that your wastegate puck hole on the turbine housing needs to be ported, and your wastegate actuator is probably old and the spring is weak, causing the boost to spike when it reaches the target pressure.

Your response was not becoming of how I picture your personality. Read a lot of your post/questions in the past and perceived you as a young kind person eager to learn. This guy obviously has a language barrier and is doing his best to ask for help.

Your response was not becoming of how I picture your personality. Read a lot of your post/questions in the past and perceived you as a young kind person eager to learn. This guy obviously has a language barrier and is doing his best to ask for help.

I guess my sarcasm doesn't translate well across the internet...hmm...well, I suppose that isn't the first time, and won't be the last, but I'll be making a conscious effort to refrain from it in instances where it could be misconstrued, such as this. I appreciate you pointing it out. (That was not sarcasm)

I did offer my opinion on the matter, and requested further information from him so that an informed suggestion can be made.

If I didn't want to help the guy, I wouldn't have asked questions to try to provide better help.

Emiliano I have been punched in the belly like that a few times to.Its ok he did ask some good ?s and sometimes all of use can come a cross a little harsh.
I have a small 5857 that I had a hard time controlling the boost but I was unabble to get it down to 17 for street driving.after porting and a larger puck all is good.
I have a TurboSmart Street that will do that if you set GP to high.
I really don’t have a solution to your problem just trying to encourage you to keep after it ,and answer the guys ? It can be solved.

For clarification, I have attached a photo with a pen pointing to the wastegate puck hole on the turbine housing, which is what I am asking if you have ported this or not?

I think that your boost isn't dropping, but that it is actually spiking.

I think you THINK that you set the boost to 20psi, when in reality the boost is set to 15psi, and when your wastegate spikes, whether it is because the spring is old and worn out, or you may have an external rjc-style boost controller set too high, or whatever, it goes up to 20psi and you THINK you set the boost at that pressure, but in reality it is set to 15psi and your wastegate setup needs to be fixed.

I think your situation and the resulting solution has more to do with the perception of the occurrence, at least in this specific case.

...See guys? I wasn't trying to be an ass...I just come off like that sometimes without trying! HAH!

Attachments

• Hy Turbo Turbine Port Work.jpg
    Hy Turbo Turbine Port Work.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 69
Ok, first off...

My guess here, from trying to decipher your wonderfully articulated posts providing clear and concise descriptions of the situation you are trying to remedy....is that your wastegate puck hole on the turbine housing needs to be ported, and your wastegate actuator is probably old and the spring is weak, causing the boost to spike when it reaches the
Ok, first off...

first of all I think you are a fucking asshole.Second I posted it after a long day of drinking.I didn’t think I would have to make it complicated,the question was simple .The turbo it was supposed to be a precision 6262 but it was back order they claimed the didn’t have the parts ,so they said they could built me a 6268 on (68) the exhaust side after waiting over a month I agreed . The boost is controlled by a rjc boost controller.I guess your mom didn’t teach you any manners,people like you keep others out of this forum .just wanted some input but what I got was a jerk you have a good day the six pack of beer is calling,and no the waste gate puck is not ported.

I am genuinely sorry that I offended you and was rude. I realize that what I posted was not helpful to the situation, and I am sorry for that.

Either way I'm a fucking asshole, but I'd like to be a helpful fucking asshole.

If you are using a RJC boost controller (which I would like to say that I guessed this could be the culprit in my previous post) I would turn the controller down, and remove some tension on the spring (loosen the tightening nut on the controller, and unscrew the "body" of the controller-the piece you first tightened to raise the boost-) loosen that a few turns and then tighten up the hex nut to secure the boost level.

After that, make another pass and see what happens. If the boost is still high, take the wastegate actuator and loosen the arm on it about 4 to 5 complete turns. Each complete turn is just about 1 psi or so. Loosen it 5 turns and then see what your boost it.

If you do both of those things and you still have boost creep, you may need to port the wastegate puck hole, but we will deal with that only if need-be.

I know you still think I am a fucking asshole (which, I would like to point out, is different than being just an asshole) but I think others will agree that my recommendations are a good place to start....up to you, though.

Hi, sorry to be so vague but it could be boost leak, exhaust leak or a pos wastegate. You could double check all your couplers and gaskets first...

PTE sold you a mismatch of wheels like 62 comp and 68 turbine... Sure it will work okay though. Never had an issue personally with pte. Big fan

I am genuinely sorry that I offended you and was rude. I realize that what I posted was not helpful to the situation, and I am sorry for that.

Either way I'm a fucking asshole, but I'd like to be a helpful fucking asshole.

If you are using a RJC boost controller (which I would like to say that I guessed this could be the culprit in my previous post) I would turn the controller down, and remove some tension on the spring (loosen the tightening nut on the controller, and unscrew the "body" of the controller-the piece you first tightened to raise the boost-) loosen that a few turns and then tighten up the hex nut to secure the boost level.

After that, make another pass and see what happens. If the boost is still high, take the wastegate actuator and loosen the arm on it about 4 to 5 complete turns. Each complete turn is just about 1 psi or so. Loosen it 5 turns and then see what your boost it.

If you do both of those things and you still have boost creep, you may need to port the wastegate puck hole, but we will deal with that only if need-be.

I know you still think I am a fucking asshole (which, I would like to point out, is different than being just an asshole) but I think others will agree that my recommendations are a good place to start....up to you, though.
No harm done.Yes the waste gate rod is backed off all the way ,I will try to lower the boost on the rjc controller and see what happens.Thanks for the input.

Emiliano I'm sorry for assuming it could have been a translation issue I meant no disrespect. Originally I saw your first post that the title was a little messed up on and then this one.

Hi, sorry to be so vague but it could be boost leak, exhaust leak or a pos wastegate. You could double check all your couplers and gaskets first...

PTE sold you a mismatch of wheels like 62 comp and 68 turbine... Sure it will work okay though. Never had an issue personally with pte. Big fan
Yes at the time they where out of parts to build the 6262 I would of have to wait another couple of weeks.But if I wanted they could build me a 6268 , they said I would be happy with it or I could send it back no charge and then they would build the 6262.I am happy with it it pulls so hard it scares me.Just have to figure out why is spiking at 20psi then it settles at 15psi.

we have one guy who drunk posts a question and the guy who is willing to help but can't understand the post is called an asshole? not to mention the guy who saw a hispanic name and assumed he doesn't know english! This place is full of comedy.

Ya but it looks like it’s getting back on track.
Can a large turbine wheel cause it to spin up so fast the RJC controller can’t react fast enough?

Do you have a log of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a log of this?

No I don’t.I just see it on my boost gauge ,it spikes at 20psi then drops to 15psi and it stays there.

So you don’t really know what’s happening or how high it might be spiking. Increase the wastegate bypass and reduce the actuator tension some