My 87 GN

GKNY

Hey all. Not new to the forum I have been coming on here for years checking out everyones cars, never posted and I have wanted a GN for over 10 years. An opportunity presented itself and I got myself my first GN. Its a rebuilt title due to it being stolen back in 91. I did the appropriate hw and it is a real GN no frame damages etc. Super stoked to be part of the TB world. Here are a few pictures.

- IAN

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    158 KB · Views: 191
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 199
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 204
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 208
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 206
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 205
I recently took her to my friends garage and put on the ridetech select series coilover rear and ridetech upper and lower control arms. The front coilovers are coming tomorrow and so is the Truturn A Arms system. It has a button that automatically stiffens or losens up the shocks for cruising or racing. Super sick system. I put the button beneath the boost gauge on the dash. pics to follow. Scot from GNS Performance hooked me up and he is a super nice dude. Also I posted my 67 C10 with a 454 my baby that is being put to the side for now lol.

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 160
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 177
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 153
  • photo (12).JPG
    photo (12).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 177
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    190.9 KB · Views: 174
The gauge pod in the interior is goofy i am waiting on an awesome gauge pod made by a member. I have a lot of work to do but I plan on making her a beast. Baer brakes are next, front mount intercooler and then on to body work . INterior needs to be completely redone

Welcome. Clean title or not, sweet ride! Post up any questions you encounter, there is a ton of great guys here that will help with whatever you encounter. C10 is sweet too!

thanks for the kind words man. Def going to be asking lots of questions. I got big plans for my GN

Lol vinyl top would be cool! Nah its primered. I have some rust issues around the rear side windows... Someone started the work and never finished it.. IS that a common issue for a lot of GN owners?

Oh! Lol! I couldn't tell! But from
A distance it looked different. It's not an issue I've ever really heard off. In TTOPS in the channels there can be rust. I haven't checked mine yet, but I've yet to see a leak. I do live in AZ so that helps as well. :)

So i just bought a RJC 325 front mount intercooler. I have heard that it runs a little hotter than stock, will i need a new rad or dual fans?? i dont plan on being at the track that often just racing buddies. Jeff from trackside auto is a solid dude

Front suspension was finished. I must say the ride difference is incredible. Ridetech makes an awesome product. I had to lift the rear because I still have not rolled the fender's correctly. Took a few picks of its stance. IF anyone knows a decent paint shop in South Florida let me know.

Looks great!!! If you don't mind me asking, for that ridetech coilover setup front and back, how much did it run you?

Great looking car!!! Typical areas to look for is in the trunk on the sides down into the quarter panels. And along the body where ever the frame is.

Thanks Trixdout. It was not cheap! I initially was going to just change the rear but I liked them so much I purchased the entire thing. Coilovers where the select series so fully adjustable and they have electric wires that stiffen or loosen with control of a button. They have a package with different coilovers that will give you the same results and are a tad cheaper. Rear was i think 1200 front was around 1000. The truturn A arms where around 1200 and then I also purchased upper and lower control arms for the rear (i forget how much they where). Scott also hooked me up, I would call him directly if you want to order them. Honestly it cuts corners and handles like a vette or newer sports car now. I also like that i can adjust and make it lower whenever i want with the turn of an allan wrench. I am really trying to make this compete with newer sports cars performance wise. The rear was direct bolt on and teh front required a little bit of work that my mechanic did. I highly recommend it.