my 87 GN vs. a Harley truck

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
who would you put your money on? there a kid at my school who wants to run? the only thing is, if you are basing your bet off of the times in my sig keep this in mind, i have new and wider tires, and my has all the new mods that are in my 'done so far' list were done after those times, so my car should be faster...

anyways what do you think?

-Neil

You had the MPH for a much lower ET back there. you're @ 95mph and I'm at 87mph and we're only 2 tenths off in ET? After the new tires and whatnot, if everything is tuned well, I bet you'd have no problems with 13.5 and under. My vote is you'll slay the guy. Practice launching a few times on the new tires though to see how much boost you can leave with.

Are those Harley trucks supposed to be fast? I know the lightning is fast but I didn't know the Harley was supposed to be as well. I just thought it was an option package but has the same motor as a regular F-150. Correct me if I am wrong. If I am right I see no chance for this truck.

the harley is a detuned lightning motor in a heavier truck right??? you should slay him with your 14.4 let alone the better time you should run with practice and the new mods put on it...

The 2003 model has the Lightning engine running a little less boost. Change the pulley and you have a 4-door Lightning.

14.20-14.70s 94-97mph is what the stock ones seem to average.

Why is your GN only running 95mph? Is it sick or are you just running 5lbs of boost?

Originally posted by TTA89
14.20-14.70s 94-97mph is what the stock ones seem to average.

Why is your GN only running 95mph? Is it sick or are you just running 5lbs of boost?

sick? why is that? 95 seems pretty high for a 14 second pass isnt it?

-Neil

95 was what they ran bone factory stock with 12lbs of boost and cat convertor with stock exhaust.

95 is normal for a mid 14 second pass.

Originally posted by TTA89
95 was what they ran bone factory stock with 12lbs of boost and cat convertor with stock exhaust.

95 is normal for a mid 14 second pass.

yeah, and i said those mods that i have listed in my 'done so far' list have been done after i ran those times, which was about 6 months ago.

Is it a 2003 HD truck or a non supercharged version. I would say it could go any way if he has an 03, especially if he put a different pully on like most kids do.

ive driven plenty of stock lightnings, 2002 models, and they dont even compare to my lightly modded hot air...you will kill him, the lightnings are SLOW, i ve never been in a modded one tho, im sure they are easy to tweak just like a GN

My Lightning went 13.5@102 stock with a crappy 60ft. I bet your Hotair doesnt run anywhere near that fast.

:rolleyes:

My Lightning went 13.5@102 stock with a crappy 60ft. I bet your Hotair doesnt run anywhere near that fast.

I totally agree, and if your still stuck in the 14's, he might be should be able to turn a mid to high 13 with the chip. BTW TTA89, I have a Johnny Lightning chip here if your interested. I just traded my lightning in on a new Vette and kept the chip.

Thanks but I'm waiting for the Preditor chip so I can flash the ECM for warranty work :cool: Then gonna put a 4lb pulley on and run 12s :D

Nice.. I was gonna mod the hell out of mine until I found there is no way to get the knock sensor to work unless you get a charger that isn't mounted on top of the motor.

I am just going to do a chip, pulley and filter and leave it alone. Its my tow vehicle but always gotta stay ahead of the GN guys running pumpgas ;) :p