My 6262 ate itself.

sounds more like lack of oil issue. I know bb turbos have oil restrictor built in. did you use any external oil restrictor on oil lines? what size oil lines do you guys (gn turbo guys) use? I had gt28rs (i know it's tiny turbo) lack of oil because feed line was clogged and turbo was completely shot.. could not be rebuilt so had to get a new one.. good luck!

what about the warrenty? PTE will NOT help unless you have THEIR turbo oil kit? I just want to be clear on this.

Mark

Yes and they are out of them:eek:

We made our own too....

Great! Another (5) weeks now im sure...:rolleyes: If I could have done it over I would have simply went with a Turbonetics. Too much BS and wait time with PTE.

Brett, Full Throttle sells the PTE filter kits, and I think Hartline might, as well, since they are dealers...might try there.

And I did call PTE and speak with Pete. He advised me they can rebuild the BB turbos, but it just depends on what the damage is as to cost (of course).

I'm working on putting together a filter kit of some type right now...

Don't see how PTE can expect people to wait for their saver kit to install a turbo and won't honor a warranty on the turbo if you don't use THEIRS? :rolleyes:

Brett, Full Throttle sells the PTE filter kits, and I think Hartline might, as well, since they are dealers...might try there.

And I did call PTE and speak with Pete. He advised me they can rebuild the BB turbos, but it just depends on what the damage is as to cost (of course).

I'm working on putting together a filter kit of some type right now...

Ok, thanx.

Don't see how PTE can expect people to wait for their saver kit to install a turbo and won't honor a warranty on the turbo if you don't use THEIRS? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure that would be legal. If you can prove you have a filter in the line that should satisfy the warranty.

yea they can rebuild bb turbos. I believe Garrett have Cartriage(however you spell it) program. The OP need to cross his fingers since turbo wheel did hit the housing... same sh!t happend to me but they couldn't rebuild since it was so much damage. Good luck OP!

Just as side note, I went with Mark's Turbo Protector kit filter, but ordered some Jegs Proflow 350 black cloth fuel line, and black fittings. Will be the same basic setup as his. Simple, and easy. I didn't want hoses running all over the engine compartment (as though there aren't enough already), and the motor to appear sorta, kinda still stock to the untrained eye. I did not want a friggin filter hanging off my turbo. So Mark's setup fits the bill....Thanks....

TURBO PROTECTOR KIT

I agree, I don't like the look of the oil filters hanging off the turbo mounting bracket. It looks too busy, as if we don't have enough lines and wires and "thingees" already!

Just as side note, I went with Mark's Turbo Protector kit filter, but ordered some Jegs Proflow 350 black cloth fuel line, and black fittings. Will be the same basic setup as his. Simple, and easy. I didn't want hoses running all over the engine compartment (as though there aren't enough already), and the motor to appear sorta, kinda still stock to the untrained eye. I did not want a friggin filter hanging off my turbo. So Mark's setup fits the bill....Thanks....

TURBO PROTECTOR KIT

anyone have any pictures of it installed? If not could you snap some when you get yours from mark. Thanks I got a t66dbb and dont want any issues in my near future i can't afford it.

I'll post some up as soon as I can. I believe Mark said he was going to post his up?? :)

That sucks SS Sean, now we need to buy more parts to warranty an item that used to be feed by a stock oil feed line for 100,000 + miles?

The Turbo Protector is plenty for a BB application as is, I'd run a -3 and call it a day. If you are really worried about debris run another inline filter but that's truly overkill but probably what's needed with todays warranties.

I might have a pic tomorrow for you guys, saves 5lbs over the PTE FWIW. :biggrin:

Installed pics, took these this morning. Filter is actually a tad LONGER than the PF-52.

Attachments

• tpinstalled1.jpg
    tpinstalled1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 479
  • tpinstalled2.jpg
    tpinstalled2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 474
  • tpinstalled3.jpg
    tpinstalled3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 479
Restrictor fitting was clogged. Looks like next time I should run a filtering system. :mad:

You can see where the impeller wheel has kissed the housing. There is some shaft play. Not too much damage, but enough. Sent the turbo off to PTE today. Costly error on my part...

6262damage.jpg

Sean suck sorry man! Question: what restrictor are you talking about?

Sean suck sorry man! Question: what restrictor are you talking about?

Oil feed restrictor fitting which goes on top of the turbo, at the center section, and reduces the amount of oil supplied to the center section.