My $30.00 billet(ish) alternator.

looks awesome!!! i love it....

... now get off your lazy arse - take the compressor cover off, de-burr, polish, sand blast, belt sand and clear ceramic coat it:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

j/k .....[about the lazy part]

that looks dam good I must say

You know Brett,
Your to blame for all this.:D

After seeing the pictures of your engine compartment and that nice alternator in it, mine really started to bug me.

True story.

Mike B.

You know Brett,
Your to blame for all this.:D

After seeing the pictures of your engine compartment and that nice alternator in it, mine really started to bug me.

True story.

Mike B.
:D honestly id rather have urs. great work

alt.

Very nice work, a little thinking outside the box that cost you minimal money and some time and it looks fabulouse!! This is a true example of a car guy,createing things with your hands and not so fast to open up your wallet for the aftermarket stuff, your a true pioneer!!!:cool:

Looks good! I tore mine down a few months ago, upgraded to a one wire setup and did my own garage PCing on all the accessories -- Check it out...

Some of us northerners are staying busy this winter! :)

Attachments

• accessories.jpg
    accessories.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,041
Mike,

What did you have to do to prep your valve covers for the ceramic coating? They look great, as well as the alternator.

Rob

Mike,

What did you have to do to prep your valve covers for the ceramic coating? They look great, as well as the alternator.

Rob

Valve covers, dog house and intake were all polished before ceramic clear coat. Alternator, air intake and turbo shield were all brushed before ceramic clear.

Mike B.

I hate you!:mad: j/k

Every time I see your car or pics of the engine and paint it makes me feel bad about my car... Your stuff is way too clean! What's worse is that your car is really fast too! ARRGH. :p

As always, very nice work...:cool:

Was thinking about giving this a try but not to confidant about taking it apart is it possable to do it without taking it all apart?

Was thinking about giving this a try but not to confidant about taking it apart is it possable to do it without taking it all apart?

Where's your sense of adventure?:D There is not much to it. It should come apart as all the sanded aluminum and clear coat will end up in the brushes, bearings and other bad places. Send me a PM if you have any problems.

Mike B.

That Alt looks great. Do the same to the compressor housing and it will bring it all together.

:D

that might be the nicest alternator I have seen on one of these cars. I don't like the Chrome/Polished ones I have seen, Great work!

Valve covers, dog house and intake were all polished before ceramic clear coat. Alternator, air intake and turbo shield were all brushed before ceramic clear.

Mike B.

Hey Mike,

I missed this post years ago, great work!

I am still waiting to hear of the next idea you have created ???