MSD DIS4 Plus problem

mikebart101

I recently just finished installing a MSD DIS4 Plus sytem in my car. I have driven about 300 miles since the install and now I am having a real problem. After 20 minutes of driving, the ignition just shuts off and wont let the car start unless I use the bypass plug. I never had this problem b4. I believe the ignition might be overheating because of the hot weather we've been having the last few days. The car will start the following day after resting all night and 20 minutes later will shut off again. I've never heard of MSD overheating but I am clueless as to what else could be wrong. Any input would be great.

I think I found the problem. MSD must be pretty strong to do this :eek:

Where can I get a new one of these and fast?

Attachments

• Interface.JPG
    Interface.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 178
Well, I replaced the ignition module and I thought the car was running fine up until 20 minutes into the test drive where the car died. I could feel the car starting to sputter as I pressed the gas lightly and let off. A/F gauge was indicating that it was switching back and forth between DFCO mode (just to let you know how fast I was going). As I felt the car starting to die I pressed the gas harder and it caught itself, but as I let off gently it started to die again. Something is happening at a certain throttle position I thought, so I kept my foot in the same spot and moments later the car sputtered and died. A few seconds went by and a huge "shotgun" backfire was emitted through the tailpipes. Unlike b4 where I had to bypass the MSD to restart the car, it started right back up and I drove it home. No more sputtering either. Any ideas guys? Computer problems? Timing? TPS sensor? Im clueless

send it back for a rma. They may charge you until they get the old one back. then they will refund your money to your card