MSD 7531

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Is this about the only good style Ignition to work with a Distributor??
I have been looking at Mallory's but they don't seem to have any that will work.
MSD is not one of my favorite Companies for Ignitions.

Thanks

A lot of the v6 guys use the Crane ignition with a distributor with good luck. I've used the 7531 but am not a fan of it. The 7al from MSD is still a good option.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the offer. I am currently running the 6AL-2 , but looking to upgrade over the winter.
Thanks for the inputs...

A lot of the v6 guys use the Crane ignition with a distributor with good luck. I've used the 7531 but am not a fan of it. The 7al from MSD is still a good option.

ARE YOU refering to the HI-6DSR..??

What fuel are you using?

You can use any ignition box that uses a "points" input. But, you need a pretty good box to light what your motor can do, especially if your running anything other than race gas.

What fuel are you using?

You can use any ignition box that uses a "points" input. But, you need a pretty good box to light what your motor can do, especially if your running anything other than race gas.

Mike you know me by now.................C-16

Couldn't remember. Is your 6AL box not keeping up? What coil, it might not hurt to try a hotter coil if you can. I was recommended to put a 7531 in mine, but I wish I had just put a regular 7AL2 box in it. I'm not using any of the features of a 7531 yet and I have to connect the laptop whenever I want to adjust the two step.

Mike.. From what you had said and is still in my mind is that you had mentioned that the 6AL would not be enough for me, so I figured that since
I never got to try out the car this year I would upgrade for next year. I have all winter to get the Best in there. Who knows.. the 6AL may just work well.
Car runs well now and I am having a blast in the street. But Street is not like at the Strip..

I had been checking also and I got and was told the 7al-2 gold box was the best box for us. If it helps

It probably won't be enough when you get that 88 turned all the way up, but that might be a while before you get there. If I were you , I would keep using it to see how far it will go before it gives out.

It probably won't be enough when you get that 88 turned all the way up, but that might be a while before you get there. If I were you , I would keep using it to see how far it will go before it gives out.

That is most likely the plan. I still have other stuff to do..
Thanks

I wish MSD still made the 10, most spark energy available before a Mag 44. The replacement for the 10 is the MSD 8.

I'm running a Crane HI-6. I let the XFI control all the timing/fuel.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

ARE YOU refering to the HI-6DSR..??

I have seen the crane boxes on several cars but I'm not sure which one they are using. It seems to work well for Louie Lopez and Jason White. We run the 7al2 boxes and they have worked well also. The 7531 is a good box but is overkill for your car and they have been known to just stop working. I got away from the 7531 and went to an MSD8 but its a very hot box for a race car. The 7al would be all you need or a comparable Crane box.

I wish MSD still made the 10, most spark energy available before a Mag 44. The replacement for the 10 is the MSD 8.

I'm running a Crane HI-6. I let the XFI control all the timing/fuel.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The MSD8 will drive 2 coils but I have both outputs looped for a single coil to make it hotter.....and it's very hot. I have added plastic wrap around my plug wires near the motor plate which is an easy grounding location. I noticed the spark jumping to the plate even with brand new Firecore wires.

Dusty..
Did you ever look at Mallory Ignition and saw that their was nothing available? I love Mallory for their durability.