MPH off

CHANCE

No longer a Buick guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey guys I did a search on this but found nothing that helped, heres my problem my scanmasters MPH is reading about 20 miles off from my speedo it just started any ideas

My GN used to have one of those 145 mph stickers over the stock speedo face. To make the dial read correctly there was a gear reduction thing where the cable goes into the trans. This screwed up what the ECM sees as the true mph and I had problems with it shifting into OD. Got rid of all that stuff (the face sticker and the gear) and now all is well. My speedo checks exactly with my direct scan. Don't know if yours is anything like this but thats my $.02.

no mine was correct and then started to get 20 mhp off:frown:

Mine has that sticker on it too! How do I know if it has the gear in and how do I remove it all? I want to put it back to the Factory Look.
Thanks!

I should of also said i have a GNX dash in my car from tom at gnxdash

its the scanmaster thats off the autometer guage is dead on

Sounds like a vss problem since the mechanical part of the speedo is accurate.

Yea man I got the exact same problem with the exact GNX dash. Just recently purchased my GN too. When i installed the scanmaster I happened to notice it is about 20 mph off. Sorry I dont have a solution for you but Ill try and mess around with it. I was thinking of buying the electronic vdo speedo and see what happens there. Lemme know what you find please