Morel Lifters?

I started to think of my go to statement in ALL illusive automotive problems in my experience.
"The problem usually is in what you are taking for granted as being good when it is not." You rule it out, don't examine or check it's opperation and therefore don't get at solving the problem."

Are we trying to cure a symptom or the problem? What does the lifter need to opperate properly? OIL!

These TR engines idle at about 10 psi. give or take. Most people will install a roller hydraulic cam and lifters after their original flat tappet cam goes flat. Others during a rebuild or during a performance upgrade of parts. It is after one of these events that this problem surfaces.

Maybe these lifters need a high volume supply of oil unlike what the original lifters needed?

I ordered a Mellings high volume pump kit today to try and see if it has the desired effect. It adds an advertised +29% increase in volume of oil. I should have it in a few days.
I have noticed that my Morels have been getting much quieter as I put more use on them. At cruise I don't hear them anymore.

Something else I thought of. If you have installed an aftermarket timing chain, Roller Rockers, Forged Pistons and other known noisy in opperation parts. Make sure your not trying to "fix" something you can't without a removal of those or that part.
Ive been asked if it has a solid cam ,that's what mine sounds like
I like what 357456 has to say and have always felt this way
Your sitting there idling oil pressure at 10-15 some 20psi bring the rpm up and hold it and mine quiet down (oil psi @ 40)
Do people with more oil pressure at idle have this problem
Morels call for .025 preloaded Ill stick with that ,because at RPM will they be holding the valve off the seat
On dads old drag car any popping or miss fire,I was pulling plugs on one side and he was going through adjustment on the other,we would change sides him looking at the plugs as they came out(i think he could look at the plug and tell the miss firing cylinder) and it almost always went away

Interesting, one post says more preload made power, the next says you'll lose power.

My post is with a hi RPM small block in the early 70s(72-74),with solid cam, Dad ran the lash as tight as he could.I dont now way?But he brought home a trophy every week,I never seen him lose but a few times .I know a hydraulic lifter too tight will cause a miss fire.And running the preload tighter may help,tell your to tight and you wont know tell your there.Right now Im not ready to be pulling the passenger side valve cover off to find out how tight I can go.I think the clicky lifters are oil pressure related ,and the lobs we run on the Buick is a very aggressive