Moderator's E85 Journey Is About To Start!

Going to upgrade FAST XFI to 2.o and will swap 120's for 160's. SS prefilter installed, GM flex fuel sensor installed but not connected to XFI (yet), have 25 gallons E85 ready to pour into the fuel tank. Looking for .GCT file for E85 & 160's.
Conrad

I ende3d up putting two "Y's" in the fuel return line.....installed the sensor in one of the parallel lines. Made a simple aluminum bracket and mounted the sensor on the driver side wheel well. Bought a Racetronix wiring harness to connect the sensor to FAST.
Conrad

Mounted GM flex fuel sensor on driver side wheel well. Started running cable from sensor to FAST tonight. FAST XFI box mailed to Cotton for upgrade to 2.0 today. Will go ahead and install 120# injectors as 160's are hard to find and expensive. I will start adding E85 to tank of 93 and sneak up on the tune. Better safe than sorry.
Conrad

FAST XFI box mailed to Cotton for upgrade to 2.0 today.

You probably know this, but for those that don't, the boxes don't need to be sent in for 2.0 upgrade. It is a simple flash and option file install.

Hot Air said:
I am FINALLY getting ready to take the plunge! My 120 lb injectors and Aeromotive 40 micros SS post filter have arrived from Cotton's. I have a GM flex fuel sensor and a pigtail on their way from E-Bay. I will be get my FAST EFI upgraded to 2.0 by Cotton and I will be ready to start pouring the E85 into my GN! I will keep everyone posted on my progress.
Conrad
Albemarle, NC

To which pins do you connect sensor to XFI!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

The only 160'a we have available right now are the smartfires. All of our other sources have dried up.

The flex fuel sensor is a simple power, ground and signal. i don't have a computer in front of me (using phone) but I'm pretty sure the signal gets wired into xfi pin A6

^ thats where i got my pigtail. wired to the xfi and works like a champ

Installed 120's yesterday. Waiting on FAST to get back from Cottons with upgraded software and 120 gas tune.
Conrad

Anyone know which pins are Pin A, Pin B, and Pin C on the GM Flex Fuel Sensor? I kinda got to know that to connect it to the FAST box!
Conrad

The 3pin connector should be label right....

The sensor connections, looking into the sensor, from left to right, are:

Pin A: Ground, typically the white wire in the pigtail,
Pin B: +12 Volt supply (pink), and
Pin C: Output signal, (purple).

GM Flex Fuel Sensor Pinout.jpg
You got me! After looking VERY closely with a magnifying glass, I do now see the lettering!!! Wow!

Pardon my old age (62) and engineer mentality but I like to verify things before connecting to my FAST XFI. Thanks to all of you that helped with this search on the GM Flex Fuel Sensor pin-out!
Conrad

Ok...the journey is on! I FINALLY got the GM Flex Fuel Sensor installed and connected to FAST XFI and installed ver 2.01 and running. I enabled the sensor with FAST software and added 2-3 gallons of E85 and, behold, the fuel constant dropped to 0.9xx so I know it is working!
Conrad