Missing door key?

You shoulda posted in the parts wanted section first. I woulda sent you a good used starter for the price of shipping.

Ok what you might need to know is that if you have the GM factory theft deterrent system your locks are going to be different than regular door locks. There is this collar that goes around the end of the pin. I would take the same locks out if your worried about the glove box working. Even without door keys I can open a gbody car door unlocked in about 30 sec. With a slim Jim.
I bought the set on eBay then realized that they where different. I had the GM security system but was able to give the keys to the locksmith and he redid the tumblers inside the door locks to match the new keys and gave me the rubber gaskets for free. Hopefully you got regular door locks then the eBay route would be practical.

Ok what you might need to know is that if you have the GM factory theft deterrent system your locks are going to be different than regular door locks. There is this collar that goes around the end of the pin. I would take the same locks out if your worried about the glove box working. Even without door keys I can open a gbody car door unlocked in about 30 sec. With a slim Jim.
I bought the set on eBay then realized that they where different. I had the GM security system but was able to give the keys to the locksmith and he redid the tumblers inside the door locks to match the new keys and gave me the rubber gaskets for free. Hopefully you got regular door locks then the eBay route would be practical.

That's that BLINKIE LIGHT (SECURITY) on the dash when you open the door?

have a key made! don't buy the pos locks from autozone! keep your original locks you will be happier later. if you worried about someone having a key take all locks and have them recoded

Wouldnt it be easier to take out the trunk lock and have the key made for it. It should match the doors and everything else. Plus you dont have to pull door panels.

Unless the car had different locks all the way around.. then your just in bad lock and need to get the new cylinders.

Wouldnt it be easier to take out the trunk lock and have the key made for it. It should match the doors and everything else. Plus you dont have to pull door panels.

Unless the car had different locks all the way around.. then your just in bad lock and need to get the new cylinders.

This is true as long as you can get to it...I was unfortunate enough to lose my keys with a bunch of stuff crammed in the trunk.

A good locksmith can make a door key without removing the lock. :)

I have had this done many times on various older cars like the Regals.

I bought an old Dodge for $25 that didn't have a trunk key. I drove the car to a locksmith and he came out to the parking lot and made a key for me.

Anybody got any info on removing the door panels and removing the lock? Im gonna try the lock smith....

better hope they dont come and steal it. better get a set made soon. you can get a hanger and open the door from the inside takes time but can be done

Yah, you dont need a key when you have a wire coat hanger, GBody Cars dont need door locks. Just a mean dog sitting inside it.

Anybody got any info on removing the door panels and removing the lock? Im gonna try the lock smith....

If you can take out the backseat and get into the trunk I'd much rather do that than work on the door panel, but that's just me.

If you can get into the trunk, it takes about 30 seconds to get the trunk lock out and get it keyed off of that. Door panels are a little longer, takes about five minutes to take one of them off, then you got the lock mechanism in the door that takes only a few minutes to take apart but around 30 minutes to get back together and lined up correctly.

I'm sure that you can get some keys made at any local GM dealer by using your VIN . When I worked at a GM dealer in the 70's they used to do this all the time! Check it out...it's your least expensive & easiest option.