Misery loves company

Ill have the rims off next week .. selling rim's only not the tires .. car sat for a while so I am sure they are junk .. plus its easier to ship rim's :cool:

I wanted that 10K car BAD when you got it. I drooled all over the fender the first time you had it at the NEBRA picnic!

mark b said:
I wanted that 10K car BAD when you got it. I drooled all over the fender the first time you had it at the NEBRA picnic!

well been thinking here and it may go back to original . My wife was thinking of keeping this new one as a driver BUT she really likes her old T with a moonroof :rolleyes: ...soo the 10k car will prob just go to sleep in a barn with the Shelby, GNX, and Melissa's Limited :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Grumpy said:
crossover is goin in front of the motor .. should have more pics next week ..well providing we don't get burried with snow :rolleyes:
Dan,
Crossover going across the top or bottom?
Have you ever heard of ATR headers for a GN with Champion heads fit in a TA if the heater box-A/C were removed?

Marty

jjvites said:
Dan,
Crossover going across the top or bottom?
Have you ever heard of ATR headers for a GN with Champion heads fit in a TA if the heater box-A/C were removed?

Marty

you will have to notch the frame slightly on the pass side .. we are feeding the crossover under the front . I have a tubular K frame so there is lots of room :biggrin:

Grumpy said:
you will have to notch the frame slightly on the pass side .. we are feeding the crossover under the front . I have a tubular K frame so there is lots of room :biggrin:
Dan,
If it makes a difference on the frame clearance, mine came with a PA brand tubular K member. Is the notching for the down pipe or the headers?

Thanks,
Marty

Grumpy said:

Hey why not build the stage using the TTA heads.. that way you can eliminate all the BS :confused:

Yeah yeah.. I know.. too late :eek:

Razor said:
Hey why not build the stage using the TTA heads.. that way you can eliminate all the BS :confused:

:

Anyone can do that :)

Dan is looking for better challenges!

Razor said:

Yeah yeah.. I know.. too late :eek:

Razor,
Why would TA heads give you more room, or are you just messn'? :) Who's headers are you using?

Marty

Razor said TTA heads NOT ta heads :biggrin: that would be to easy !! plus the $$$ someone spent in the heads :rolleyes: now as far as a challenge ...if I had half a brain I would ...ummm never mind .. I forgot what I was goin to say :p

Grumpy said:
Razor said TTA heads NOT ta heads :biggrin: that would be to easy !! plus the $$$ someone spent in the heads :rolleyes: now as far as a challenge ...if I had half a brain I would ...ummm never mind .. I forgot what I was goin to say :p
Sorry, it is I who was working with half a brain. By the way what do you think of TA's new headers?
Marty

jjvites said:
Sorry, it is I who was working with half a brain. By the way what do you think of TA's new headers?
Marty

Marty I never looked at them .. arn't they for Buicks ??? I can't see anyone making header's for TTA's :eek:

Grumpy said:
Marty I never looked at them .. arn't they for Buicks ??? I can't see anyone making header's for TTA's :eek:
Dan,
Help me out before I make a mistake, I was under the assumption that the Buick ATR headers with Champion heads would fit in a Trans Am as long as the heater box was gone. Don't think ATR ever made any for TA's :confused: So that is why I assumed the TA headers for a buick would also work since they are a log style on the pass. side (narrower ?) .

Marty

jjvites said:
Dan,
Help me out before I make a mistake, I was under the assumption that the Buick ATR headers with Champion heads would fit in a Trans Am as long as the heater box was gone. Don't think ATR ever made any for TA's :confused: So that is why I assumed the TA headers for a buick would also work since they are a log style on the pass. side (narrower ?) .

Marty

nope ...have to notch the frame and then try to get a downpipe in :eek: ATR did make TTA headers way back in 89 .. they prob sold 2 sets :p

Grumpy said:
nope ...have to notch the frame and then try to get a downpipe in :eek: ATR did make TTA headers way back in 89 .. they prob sold 2 sets :p
Thanks, your a big help.

Marty

Hey Grumpy, was that IROC you posted pics of your car??

I met the owner of that car in N.H at a place called Camaro Heaven, I was picking up a rear for an IROC that I had, He was picking up some stock TPI runners. Nice guy talked to us for a little while about that car, I think it was an 85 with a Vortech S/C (Then?), also told us about a scary wreck he had with it. Real nice guy. I also saw him one day driving that car home from the track on the Jersey tpke, I was coming home from six flags, We were stuck in traffic and talked about the car a little bit then also.
John