Methnol questions.

GTABurnout

I was wondering if any one is using methnol injection. I was planning on buying a TT Mustang guys set up but I figure why no build my own...

I need to know if anyone has a pump that can hold up. Also what other problems may I run in to??

Planning on doing it like a DYI Alky set up but spray methnol.

Any help would be great

Red Regal T runs methanol exclusively in his Shurflo pump, and reports no problems.

Ive started running a 75/25 methanol mix, but I haven't been using it long enough to comment. Before that I ran 50/50 denatured, and have no pump issues with that.

For a Shurflo, go to Northern Tool and Equipment. On the web at northerntool.com I think.

$55 or so.

iirc, thats meaning for continous usage. a short 12 sec spray of alky should be fine. red's been runing like this for over 50K miles, daily driven too.

yes i was right.

from stves website, "Safety Notes: The pump manufacturer recommends a flashpoint of no less than 110 degrees with this pump (continuous use was implied by their engineer ) knowing that it only takes about 12 seconds to roast a little horsemeat, continuous operation shouldn't be needed for your application. "