Mayweather - Ortiz

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
who wasted $70 watching an amateur chump fight a world class boxing professional (NOT fighter but boxer!)? I cant stand Mayweather but he is simply the best pound for pound boxer out there right now. Pacquiao is the only person who stands a chance against him but im starting to think that fight will nvr happen.

Mayweather got a cool $25 million for an exibition with a fighter that would not stand a chance against Mayweathers training partners. Ortiz still got $2.5 million. wat a joke!

no wonder why the MMA is the only PPV event worth watching these days. boxing is just a dead sport. the funny thing is Mayweather would not last one round against a b-rated amateur MMA fighter.

who wasted $70 watching an amateur chump fight a world class boxing professional (NOT fighter but boxer!)? I cant stand Mayweather but he is simply the best pound for pound boxer out there right now. Pacquiao is the only person who stands a chance against him but im starting to think that fight will nvr happen.

Mayweather got a cool $25 million for an exibition with a fighter that would not stand a chance against Mayweathers training partners. Ortiz still got $2.5 million. wat a joke!

no wonder why the MMA is the only PPV event worth watching these days. boxing is just a dead sport. the funny thing is Mayweather would not last one round against a b-rated amateur MMA fighter.

Mayweather is really good but is intentionally dodging the Pacman.
I know what he did last night was technically legal, but it was a cheap shot and showed his character.

"Money" and class are not synonymous!

Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz - cheap shots that end the fight. - YouTube

I know what he did last night was technically legal, but it was a cheap shot and showed his character.

One cheap shot deserves another....... What if it was Money that threw the head butt? You would never hear the end of it. He is damned if he wins and damned if he loses. IMO a intentional head butt should be a automatic disqualification. Forget his antics which are used to promote the fight. What happens in the ring is what defines him, and he was never own to be a cheap or dirty fighter. Ortiz had nothing to say afterwards but sorry, its my fault.

no doubt it was a punk cheap shot but no less of a punk shot then the earlier headbut. as much as I cant stand Mayweather he's right. protect urself at all times. and the fact that Ortiz cant get back up after one hit just says that he had no business in the ring with him.

how many times has a UFC fighter been hit WAY harder then that multible times with 4 oz gloves? Ortiz was getting his ass beat and losing every round and personally I think he just stayed down cause he knew dam well he was out classed (or maybe a better term is out fought) by an undefeated professional who was obviously in excellent condition.

but yea hes been avoiding the pacman for quite sometime now. im still not sure the pacman has the power to beat mayweather. time will tell

BTW I would have been ok with them DQing Ortiz.
That was some back ally TJ action.
However Mayweather could have won the fight with sportsmanship with ease.
I am not a fan, not that he has to care...
Boxing in general is a shadow of it's former self.
Give me some Hagler, Leonard, Tyson, Camacho, Chávez over these guys any day...

the sad thing is how much does a top UFC contender get for a title fight vs. a boxer? its a joke. but then again imo there are too many UFC fights in any given year and sorta takes away from the hype that boxing brings in. its been about a year and a half since Mayweather has faught. the UFC should air title fights only on PPV

Money Mayweather!! IMO Mayweather had won the first 3 rounds without a doubt, mayweather's jabs were very precise compared to Ortiz punches.. and his punch thrown/landed percentage was alot better than Ortiz punches thrown/landed percentage.... money mayweather has never lost give him his credit, he talks alot of chit but he backs himself up.. and the headbutt was a cheap shot...but prior to Mayweather hitting him.. the ref wasn't in between them seperating them and they touched gloves... your in a fight not a political debate put your hands up.. Mayweather has been in this sport for a long time he knew he could hit him regardles if ortiz was talking to him or not... if it was unfair the judges would have called a draw or resumed the fight! cheap shot or not.. put your hands up.