MAF ID

brian b

How do I find out which MAF I have? It's either a 3.5 inch LT1 or LS1 with #89872867686 and two arrows pointing airflow.

Really? No one else has had this issue. I mean after all these two types of MAFs look the same but operate differently.

This is mine looks like it? Can u see the numbers? And i. From a ls1 3.5'

Attachments

• image-680954602.jpg
    image-680954602.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 47
Look on the electronics housing that also has the connector. It should have three sets of numbers hot stamped into it.

The first set (5 digits) is the date code for the day of manufacturer. First two digits being the year, next three being the day of the year.

The second set (4 digits) is the last 4 numbers of the actual part number.

The last and single digit is the flow stand number.

RemoveBeforeFlight

the 2 different aluminum 3.5" MAFs are pretty close to each other. I have used them interchangably over the years.

Bob

My Gen II is set up for 3.5 inch LT1 MAF. I was wondering if I actually have an LS1 and that is why I'm having a hard time tuning this thing. Rich at idle, BLMs way off as well as other things. Taking out AF% in user tune doesn't seem to be working. I adjusted down to -5% in the low load 400-1200 rpm range, the AFR on my LC-1 read 14ish but after a short ride it was 12 to 13 ish with the BLMs even further way from 128. I'll try looking a the hot stamp# and see if it was made before 1998. That is when the LS1s came out...right?

Thanks for your help guys. Learning to tune is a b@#ch.

the LS1 MAF is much more common. try setting it for that.

what chip do you have?

what is your fuel pressure?

Bob

Hi TurboBob thanks for the reply. I have the Extender Extreme G GSOX7C16 set for 60lb injectors and boost level 7 to be used with alky (at least that's what I told Fullthrottle when I bought it). As per the chip instructions my fuel pressure is set at 45lbs with the vac hose off.

reset all the tuning, set it for 3.5" LS1 aluminum MAF. and drive it around to see what the BLM's do at cruise, light accel, and idle.

Bob

Hot stamped number is 99305 8889 2. Seems I may have a LS1 unless it's a LT1 produced as a replacement part after the LT1 was already upgraded to the LS1. ???

Thanks Turbobob, Do you mean reset the whole GenII by holding down the top right hand button while powering on the car or just set all user tunes to 0%?

Do you mean reset to factory defaults or just set the changes I made back to zero?

Your help is much appreciated.

I would reset the whole thing and start over. The tune in the Gen-2 should be really close.

Bob