LSx in a GN?

That is your opinion. Here is mine. I like my car too much to let it go. Therfore , in order to go faster more reliably a V8 swap is the solution.

Yep!!! ;) I see this happening in the future. :D It's stupid to shovel out all this money for a on edge 9 second 109. For 15k you can go low 8's or 7's and still be able to drop your V6 back in whenever you want. :cool:

Now for the people that has a LS1 laying around or that can buy one for really cheap like they are now then yes it would be nice. I had a LS1 GTO and I was just say for $15k or less you can buy a LS1 GTO(w/mods even a supercharger). I have been thinking if I want to work on a Durmax engine or not.

Now for the people that has a LS1 laying around or that can buy one for really cheap like they are now then yes it would be nice. I had a LS1 GTO and I was just say for $15k or less you can buy a LS1 GTO(w/mods even a supercharger). I have been thinking if I want to work on a Durmax engine or not.

Ive been considering a GTO for a daily driver, but I sure havent found any in the $15k range with a supercharger :rolleyes: . Dont know where you are finding your deals! As for the engine, the 6.0 iron blocks are very affordable. I picked up a shortblock for $400. You can get L92 heads for $300, intake for a couple hundred and have more than enough giddy up. The engines are great cause there are so many parts available, so many of the stock parts are interchangeable, and there are so many different combos that you can go with.

Ive been considering a GTO for a daily driver, but I sure havent found any in the $15k range with a supercharger :rolleyes: . Dont know where you are finding your deals! As for the engine, the 6.0 iron blocks are very affordable. I picked up a shortblock for $400. You can get L92 heads for $300, intake for a couple hundred and have more than enough giddy up. The engines are great cause there are so many parts available, so many of the stock parts are interchangeable, and there are so many different combos that you can go with.

I agree with you that combo makes around 515hp to the engine dyno as stated in GMHighPerformance MAg. V8s in our cars is nice and if I blow my engine then yes I will go this route myself.
$15k
**SOLD**
Current mileage is 55,665.

Car made 420rwhp and 400rwtq. With a bigger cam, this car would make 440 to 450 rwhp. My little cam doesn't do much for the FAST and 90mm TB.

Performance modifications:
K&N cold air intake
Nick Williams 90MM throttle body
90MM FAST intake manifold
Optima Red top battery
160 Thermostat
Comp Cam 224/224 Lobe Seperation 110
Patriot Stage 2 (LS6 style) ported and polished heads.
Stainless Works headers w/ catted mid pipes
Magnaflow cat back exhaust w/ x-pipe
NOS nitrous kit (100HP, 125HP, and 150HP), NOS bottle opener, NOS gauge, and NOS purge
B&M short throw shifter
Luke High Performance Clutch
Holden shift light in gauge cluster activated
Dyno tune by 21st Century Muscle Cars (Carrollton, TX)

Appearance modifications:
RK Sport fiberglass hood (functional ram air)
Sport Appearance Package grills
TSW Kyalami wheels
BFGoodrich g-Force KDW tires
Holden side marker repeator lights
Tinted windows
Custom trunk to conceal nitrous bottle (subwoofer is functional but was really installed for looks)

A few items that you should know...
The front bumper has the usual bug and rock chips. Someone tried to break into the car so the drivers side window has some scratches. I have a spare drivers side window that will come with the car.

The transmission was rebuilt less than a month ago and has a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty. While the transmission was being rebuilt, the slave cylinder and master cylinder were replaced along with a high performance clutch added. Total repairs (parts and labor) was just over $4,000.

$19000
Has about 43K miles comes with
2 275/40-17 Nitto 555 drag radials on stock wheels
470 RWHP 448 RWTQ
Vortech Supercharger
SLP Throttle Body
SLP Midlength Headers
Borla Catback
19" Beyerm 5 chrome wheels with 245/35-19 nitto 555 tires
Bear Big brake upgrade on the front
05 Hood
Auto X grills
Century Transmission
3000 Rpm Stall PI Vigilante Torque Converter
Derale Transmission Pan
Devils Own Meth Injection Kit
Gauge pod on center of dash with boost and oil pressure gauges.
Also have a new tranny temp gauge that I never got a chance to install.

The drivers side front window has no tint on it because someone broke it out and it has been replaced with a new one.

Now you can find these and more at LS1gto.com There was a blue race ready 11 sec ls1 gto for sale months ago for $14K. They also have the 05/06 GTO on this site.

I am actually starting an LS1 regal build myself. I actually looked for 2 years for a good gn/tr in my price range with no luck and currently run a turbo sbc in a cutlass so it is only natural to go this route. Regal just happen to be my favorite body.

My question is this. Why are some people that do this build buying actual gn/tr's? I can understand if you already have one but it seems like people are out looking for them. I just bought a solid regal v8 roller for $500 and could convert it to gn stuff really cheap if I wanted. Was there any reason or is it just because everyone already has one?

had it, blew the motor and trans was shot, might as well upgrade Then i kinda got carried away
Gary

My question is this. Why are some people that do this build buying actual gn/tr's? I can understand if you already have one but it seems like people are out looking for them. I just bought a solid regal v8 roller for $500 and could convert it to gn stuff really cheap if I wanted. Was there any reason or is it just because everyone already has one?

I dont think that there is anyone buying a Grand national just to do the swap. In mine and Cals case we had our cars already. They have good suspension, Roll cages and safety items done. Its only logical. My GN even with the stage 2 motor was only worth about 20-25k. Made no sense to start all over.:cool:

I definately hear that. It just seemed like people were aiming for one and it kind of perplexed me. I appreciate it!