LSx in a GN?

Black Power

Anyone have any pics of an LSx in a G body? I mainly want to know if there will be room between the engine and radiator for a snail or two:D

It can be done, but I have not seen it yet.
Chris had an LS6 laying around and I was considering it.
The only issue is the LS6 block is not as strong as the LS2 newer gen aluminum block. The iron block with stock crank has gone low 8s!
The heads are excellent with some port work. You can use the stock cast manifolds for a turbo kit.

thanks for the links guys

I am not looking for something ridiculously fast at the track, I just like the LSx engines but love how the GN's look :eek: . I would be entirely content with an LS1 on 10 psi or less. I am gonna give it a shot if I get my hands on the roller I am looking at.

thanks for the links guys

I am not looking for something ridiculously fast at the track, I just like the LSx engines but love how the GN's look :eek: . I would be entirely content with an LS1 on 10 psi or less. I am gonna give it a shot if I get my hands on the roller I am looking at.

Cool, please let me know how that works out!

turbo ls1

you will have pics soon of a friend of mine putting a turbo charged ls1 in his 86 GN...very well known 10.5 tire drag racer is doing this for him....should be pretty quick...

hey im currently doing a 6.0l LQ4, 9.4 comp ratio swap. gonna cut the pan and start on the headers this week. im using a S400, 77mm turbo and a 4l80e. aftermarket intake and powerstroke intercooler, 60# mototrons with HP Tuners 2-bar speed density.

you will have pics soon of a friend of mine putting a turbo charged ls1 in his 86 GN...very well known 10.5 tire drag racer is doing this for him....should be pretty quick...

More information please!

hey im currently doing a 6.0l LQ4, 9.4 comp ratio swap. gonna cut the pan and start on the headers this week. im using a S400, 77mm turbo and a 4l80e. aftermarket intake and powerstroke intercooler, 60# mototrons with HP Tuners 2-bar speed density.

Please make your own post for the build up in the section.
I would love to see it come together.
Thanks for sharing!

I will try to get the pics by the weekend...i am thinking of doing the same thing my buddy is doing...just money though...supposed to be finished by christmas.....at this point it will have a 72 bb turbo on it...will get more for you soon....

ls1 in gn

this is a friend of mine...this will be a turbo ls1 soon

Attachments

• IM000064.jpg
    IM000064.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,416
Looking at the above picture I am wondering...

How would you go about doing a twin setup with an LS1 in a G body? The steering seems to be in the way. I was hoping to take the 6.0L manifolds, turn them backwards, and stick a turbo on each one. I don't think this would be possible without moving the steering shaft.

Ok since we are on this subject and you guys are much more knowledgable than me on LS1s .

How much power can a stock LS1 short block take? This without going to any fancy blocks? What about an LS2 block ? I know the truck block is stronger but the weight difference in between the 2 should be substancial.

the block is fine. a ls1 is good to 7-800 easy, a ls2 or iron block is good to 1000+. the shortblock is good to about 550whp then the rod bolts are at their limit. stock crank is good to 1000 or so and the stock pistons are good into the 800s. this is the reason that i am using a LQ4 low compression iron block. i can do 5-600whp without touching the motor. in a year or so when i knon everything works good and i have some more cash, a set of rods and pistons makes it good to around 1000whp. also the stock 317# heads dont need any work until about 700whp, then you can start to see the gains that you would expect. below that, the money can be spent elsewhere.
Also FYI you cant use the truck manifolds as posted earlier. you can point them forward and up, but they point directly at the frame when pointing down. pointing them up will work fine, but i think it looks kinda silly.
Gary

good info. I suppose I will have to find another way to do the turbo system besides the manifolds :mad:

well like i said you can point them up, it would work more than well enough, and it doesnt look that bad. its just not my thing and i wanted to do a more custom layout anyway. I can take pics this weekend if you would like.
Gary