LS Swap in a GN Not a fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done right it is a work of art.

There is several done right on here......just look around..... you won't have any problem figuring out if they were done right or not......

He's a member here and his build is also posted right here for everyone to see. Why is a motor letting go funny? It happens to these v6 engines enough and I don't see people thinking it's funny... Can't understand why some people have to Hate on other peoples projects just because they don't approve...

SW.

He's a member here and his build is also posted right here for everyone to see. Why is a motor letting go funny? It happens to these v6 engines enough and I don't see people thinking it's funny... Can't understand why some people have to Hate on other peoples projects just because they don't approve...

SW.

I think it's funny he wanted a reliable 550hp car and it lets go right after he gets it done. My 3.8 is more reliable than that and can do the 550.

SW.

Good point Scott.

Chances are.... he will get some of the items that aren't up to snuff improved as time goes on..... because he learned alot doing it..... and has ideas now of how to improve it.

I have thought several times about doing this conversion on a g-body. It is an awesome project IMHO. I believe you could take a stock LQ4 shortblock..... with a turbo and the right bolt-ons..... and go 9's on pump gas and alky..... and if you scatter it..... the shortblock can be had for around $500. Do that in a 9 second capable 3.8 V6.

SW.

Concur entirely....

I think it's funny he wanted a reliable 550hp car and it lets go right after he gets it done. My 3.8 is more reliable than that and can do the 550.
Nice way of thinking! :rolleyes:

I think it's a bummer for him cause he done one hell of a job doing everything all by himself in his one car garage and the car turned out looking killer!

EVERYONE has engine troubles and it's just rediculous to be laughing at another Buick members hard earned and costly troubles like that.

Good point Scott.

Chances are.... he will get some of the items that aren't up to snuff improved as time goes on..... because he learned alot doing it..... and has ideas now of how to improve it.

I have thought several times about doing this conversion on a g-body. It is an awesome project IMHO. I believe you could take a stock LQ4 shortblock..... with a turbo and the right bolt-ons..... and go 9's on pump gas and alky..... and if you scatter it..... the shortblock can be had for around $500. Do that in a 9 second capable 3.8 V6.
I agree 100%!! Just ask Cal Hartline, If i'm not mistaken he put in a stock LS1 with a set of heads and threw on a turbo in "HIS GN" and took it to the LSX fest and ran low nines or something. Dollar for dollar you just can not build a 109 v6 to run nines for what you can a LS engine PERIOD!

its cool and all... and thats great.. super awesome 10s for cheap...

but then again it could be a 83 NA regal. or a 76 chevy nova. 10s is not that impressive to just touch.... 10s are impressive to a GN because its a hard thing to reach with a V6. its no challange with a turbo LS motor.

So I think the point it is, why a GN?

and why a GN if your going to do a hack job? if it was clean like the other installs we have seen around here people may have a different attitude about it.

but if your taking a perfectly kool car and hacking it up just so you can go 10s.... gay.

A.j.

I agree 100%!! Just ask Cal Hartline, If i'm not mistaken he put in a stock LS1 with a set of heads and threw on a turbo in "HIS GN" and took it to the LSX fest and ran low nines or something. Dollar for dollar you just can not build a 109 v6 to run nines for what you can a LS engine PERIOD!

If I remember correctly..... he had major issues with his wastegate actuator...... and that 9 second pass was on stupid low boost.

and why a GN if your going to do a hack job? if it was clean like the other installs we have seen around here people may have a different attitude about it.

A.j.
WHY, You ask? Because it's HIS car and thats what HE wanted to do!!

And onto this Hack thing you keep mentioning, if you read the WHOLE thread he clearly explained that he just wanted to get everything working and the car running then he was going to pull the engine and RE-DO everything and paint the engine. Hell I've seen my share of Hack that people have done to these GN/TR's too but do you see me pointing it out to them? No because it's not my place to and I was never asked for my oppinion.. I actually admire someone when I see them attempt something different and on their own. Looking at only the faults and critisizing them isn't good practice!

PS: No Body ever mentioned 10's for cheap! It was 9's or 8's for cheap!! ;)

SW.

Maybe he actually likes how GNs/Regals Look:confused::rolleyes: ..... or maybe its because he already owned the car:rolleyes:
or Maybe it was to piss board members off:tongue:

....like mentioned its HIS car..... who cares.... at least its TURBO'd and still a GM powerplant

just because it HIS car dont make it right.

if I beat MY wife

is that OK?

no. I didnt think so.

it doesnt piss me off, I could care less... im one for doing things to piss other people off:wink:. I just dont see the reasoning. not picking a fight... just ive seen alot of cool cars with real potential get turned into such a waste because somebody knew better. :rolleyes:

im glad he enjoys it. im glad all of you do too. :biggrin:

im just voicing my opinion.

in a niche that has few of these cars left, I would think people would cherish them. Im done now.

:eek:A.j.

I will be collecting parts for my conversion this year. Look at what reliable numbers can be had with a few modifications, my 109 can't even come close. When you throw a rod in a 5.3... who cares, $800 and you have a replacement engine ready to go. The 109 cost a little more to come up with. The GN is not some car that only elitist drive, it's the old school buick guys who are mad because the chevy small block in them is now faster.

Wait until he gets the bugs worked out, props to him for a great project.

Status
Not open for further replies.