Lowering your GN ?

Vsix

I just bought new wheels and tires for my 87 GN AR Torq-Thrust IIs 17x8s :D and i want to lower the car about 2" front and back i was looking at the Belltech kit 2" spindles in the front and 1.5 springs in the rear ..anybody here have this kit ? how good is it and did it work?... any good advice will help :)

Thanks Jim

I used the Eibach springs, but it was only a drop of about .800" all around. I love the ride and gained a tenth over my tired stock springs.

Rod

Thanks for the pics Neil thats exactly how i want my GN to sit those are the same wheels i have too :) looks like the Belltech kit is the way to go for these cars :cool:

Thanks Jim

Thanks Steve i'll try to remember :D i'm new to the lowered car look this will be first one :cool:

bell tech

i have this kit it looks great but if the front tires are wide they WILL rub and it sucks but it looks real bad a$$. i have the 15 torque thrust II and they look GREAT!!! :D

The dropped spindle maintain the same terrible suspension geometry as the stock setp. GBods are the one exception that shorter springs do work best. The dropped spindles are VERY PRONE to tire rubbing on bumps since the top of the tire moves OUT.

Go with the springs.

Here are some older pictures of my car. Its been lowered 1 inch but unfotunately I dont know what brand of spings were used. Hope this helps some!

http://photos.yahoo.com/chechile12

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. Thanks again!

I have the Bell-tech kit

Vsix. have the drop spindles and springs in the rear. If you go this route, put in stiff shocks up front!!! The right front tire will rub over bumps and take chunks out of the tire:eek: My car is on gntype.org with it on the 19th page for"peeks" (top left). Good luck with whatever you do:)

Shaun

How low do you want your car? Bag it! That way you have adjustable suspension and it is cool when you hit the swiches and the air whistles out from the valves and your car either slams to the ground or rises up. I used to think it was dumb until a i actually saw my bothers s10 for the first time. My bothers truck gets more attention that anything else on the strip because of his bagged truck. It would cost maybe a grand to do. These cars already have a four link suspension so all you have to do is remove the coil springs and place bags there. But if you race your car then never do this. Way to dangerous if a bag blows going over a 100 mph! I would like to this to because of the lowered look and having the adjustable ride and a very smooth ride also. One thing that is really important that i don't know is how low you can go before your wheels hit the wheel wells and other things like that.

I already have new front springs and HD rears w/air bags and the ATR sway bar installed w/ new KYB shocks ... so the car sits like it should and rides nice ... but now it needs to be lowered i just bought the wheels and tires and 4 new Bilstein shocks so i think i will order the Belltech kit since i have new springs in the front ..from what i hear it should have a better ride than the Eibach kit :)

Thanks Jim