Loud noises!

kjizzle

Broken
Recently, i've started hearing a noise that sounds almost like a skil-saw every time i get up above about 5 PSI coming from under my hood. I suspect it might be the turbine wheel contacting the housing, because its always had a little play, but not enough for me to really suspect this... ideas?

Something is rubbing for sure. Check your IC fan clearance to intercooler. Also alternator fan/pulley rubbing on something. Whatever it is you need to address it real soon. Under boost may mean that its not rubbing until the engine is really tourqing over.

Check your boost/wastegate hoses...one may have cracked or blown off...:eek:

Ask me how I know...Mine sounded like someone was holding a screwdriver against metal fan blades...:eek:

In my case the sound was detonation...AKA "Knock".

i don't have an IC fan, so thats not really a problem... I've checked to see if anything is rubbing, but i guess i can do a more thorough check... its a spooky noise, its really scares the crap out of me!

i checked all my hoses... nothing seems to have rubbing damage and nothing is loose... but i haven't been able to tear into it because i need a parking space on the street to open up. my apartments dont let us work on our cars in the lot in front of the building.