Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

Hey Spoolfool,

Did your neighbor by chance get any video of my last two runs?
I'd really like to see my run against that yellow 71 Olds 442 where I ran my 11.62.
That was a good race.
We launched about the same and then I slowly walked him down the track leaving him further and further behind.

It was a nice looking, sounding 442.

I think that he was just taking stills. He was helping me take down the chairs and EZ-up on your last run. I think that he has pics of most of your other runs. He took over a hundred pics. Just waiting for him to send them to me.

Mike B.

I think that he was just taking stills. He was helping me take down the chairs and EZ-up on your last run. I think that he has pics of most of your other runs. He took over a hundred pics. Just waiting for him to send them to me.

Mike B.

Ah bummer....wish there was video of that last run:rolleyes:

Here's a video of me against my buddy in his 67 Camaro.YouTube - 87 Grand National vs. 67 Camaro

This was my first 11 second pass at 11.94 and 110mph

I brake boosted into my stage and that caused him to red light....but it also caused me to lift a little at launch so i didn't get out very well. Still caught him by the 1/8th and finished ahead of him by a few lengths.

Gee , all this time I thought it was just me.

that thought the two cry babies had issues, now I see everyone else feel the same way!

again, EXCELLENT EVENT

Thanks everyone!

according to "wallace racing"
11.62 = 453 rwhp
115 mph = 450 rwhp

Tim, I will gladly come and make sure the line guys puts you and whoever your racing together. I didn't think it was that hard to accomplish. Sorry I'm not as PC as the other guys who said there, wow all that lead up to a non event. Fact is, you two would of got up to the line together, Lou would blow his clutch, race over. But at least you guys would of showed an attempt for those that took the time to come. I can appreciate a racer who puts his needs beyond anyone else. I know in SoCal there is a 'all about me' attitude. But a lot of people came to support you as I said before. Enjoyed at least seeing someone ran their car there, glad you got your 11.6 even though I missed it, after 5 hours there I was one of the last supporters to leave. BTW, its a horse sneeze, the old joke about the turbo backwheeling sound when you let off, joke has been around much longer than you've been here.

Done with this thread, fact is I do have Better things to do but still take the time to come to events to support the cause. I've figured out a long time ago that some people out here just don't get it, guess thats why we have the rep. we do in SoCal. Enjoy Bates next weekend, hopefully some will get awards... but that's another thread.

How many runs could you get for the whole day?

Last time I took my Syclone I only got 2 runs.

I'll go on a less crowded day.

Any suggestions for what event to race on? Like a Pontiac day,nostalga races?
Would I be allowed to race on those type of events?
Thanks
I shooting for 11's myself.

Thanks
I shooting for 11's myself.:cool:

Thanks
I shooting for 11's myself.:cool:

At this LA Invasion Sunday event, there was a 200 limit on the number of cars I'm not sure they got more than 175. I was able to take my time and still got in 7 runs.
I easily could have gotten 10 or more in.:biggrin:

I got 5 runs in, towards the end the was no line at all ,even during peak times the wait was about 30- 45 min for me

I got 5 runs in, towards the end the was no line at all ,even during peak times the wait was about 30- 45 min for me

if I didn't have to go handle the lady I would have push to stay till the end, no one in line at all! Real testing and tuning time had begun. Pete only one making actual progress at the track that day! came close to shaving a full second off the time. Imagine when you get your performance car out there? Always a pleasure. Always fun.

Had a sick time! Worth every penny for spec'er and racers imho.

Tim, I will gladly come and make sure the line guys puts you and whoever your racing together. I didn't think it was that hard to accomplish. Sorry I'm not as PC as the other guys who said there, wow all that lead up to a non event. Fact is, you two would of got up to the line together, Lou would blow his clutch, race over. But at least you guys would of showed an attempt for those that took the time to come. I can appreciate a racer who puts his needs beyond anyone else. I know in SoCal there is a 'all about me' attitude. But a lot of people came to support you as I said before. Enjoyed at least seeing someone ran their car there, glad you got your 11.6 even though I missed it, after 5 hours there I was one of the last supporters to leave. BTW, its a horse sneeze, the old joke about the turbo backwheeling sound when you let off, joke has been around much longer than you've been here.

Done with this thread, fact is I do have Better things to do but still take the time to come to events to support the cause. I've figured out a long time ago that some people out here just don't get it, guess thats why we have the rep. we do in SoCal. Enjoy Bates next weekend, hopefully some will get awards... but that's another thread.

No worries, man. We cool.

As described in my previous, the attempt was made and we fell victim to the guy staging the cars. He was just moving metal.

Even when I got back there to race my buddy in the Camaro, I really had to make a display to get the guys attention and understanding that I was going to race the guy behind me.

Lou and I would have come back around and tried again if Lou was not at risk of doing heavy damage to the Z06 (he might have already accomplished it). I would have done the same thing in his shoes as I'm sure anyone would have. Bragging rights aint worth doing several thousand dollars of damage to a nice car.

I fully appreciate the attendance and support of everyone who came out...sincerely...
I also am sorry if anyone was truly dissapointed. I know there was a lot of hype going up to this day and it would have been great if we could have gotten lined up for you guys.

I have an idea.
Next time...bring YOUR car out and you and I can race.
Deal?:D

I'm familiar with the horse sneeze gag. I love doing it to Vette's out on the street.:D
I've been around for 46 years...is it really older than me?:D

if I didn't have to go handle the lady I would have push to stay till the end, no one in line at all! Real testing and tuning time had begun. Pete only one making actual progress at the track that day! came close to shaving a full second off the time. Imagine when you get your performance car out there? Always a pleasure. Always fun.

Had a sick time! Worth every penny for spec'er and racers imho.

Well I thunk I made some progress too.:redface:
Started off with a 12.018 and finished with an 11.629.

If we coulda gotten boost to go higher than 22 lbs I'm confident I would have been breaching under 11.5's by the end of the day. Nasty exhaust leak put the kabosh on that.

My first run was a throw away…since I was only after data to verify my tune, I didn’t launch hard and I let out at the 8th (7.60) and coasted through the lights at a 13.36.

Then on another run later in the day, they lined me up with some 9 second monster 68 Camaro.
When that guy launched with his wheels up in the air, it scared the stew out of me so I over-boosted at launch and broke loose….I ended up with a 12.348at 114.16mph to his 9.24 at 147.91mph J …my only loss for the day…. I'll get him next time:D

Attached are my four, 11 second time slips for the day.

Attachments

• Fontana LA Inv Timeslips.pdf
    56.6 KB · Views: 106
Best 1/4: 11.629 at 115.61mph 22lbs through mufflers.

My schwinn is faster then that and its only a 3 speed:eek:

You got way more in there somewhere... better get ya a 2step

LOL!:biggrin:
You're killing me, Mike!

There's definitely more in it.
I gotta plug up some exhaust leaks and I'll get back after it.:cool:

I do like the Baileys 2-step.
I checked it out after you sent me that link.

On one of my runs, while I was brake boosting, my tires started spinning. Had to let off and get back on it before the ambers clicked off:redface:

pics

spuln gn:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_9447-vi.jpg
    IMG_9447-vi.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_9211-vi.jpg
    IMG_9211-vi.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 255
Well I thunk I made some progress too.:redface:
Started off with a 12.018 and finished with an 11.629.

If we coulda gotten boost to go higher than 22 lbs I'm confident I would have been breaching under 11.5's by the end of the day. Nasty exhaust leak put the kabosh on that.

My first run was a throw away…since I was only after data to verify my tune, I didn’t launch hard and I let out at the 8th (7.60) and coasted through the lights at a 13.36.

Then on another run later in the day, they lined me up with some 9 second monster 68 Camaro.
When that guy launched with his wheels up in the air, it scared the stew out of me so I over-boosted at launch and broke loose….I ended up with a 12.348at 114.16mph to his 9.24 at 147.91mph J …my only loss for the day…. I'll get him next time:D

Attached are my four, 11 second time slips for the day.

yea but seeing a chicken run around with its head cut off is no fun, I wanted to see some smoked vette for lunch! not vette goes home and tim casually and effortlessly wins the et comp! You did a great job though tim I feel bad forgetting to mention your progress! I didn't want to talk to the black vette guy he looked like he was a tool, he did have his eyes locked on you though it was funny!

worth the 60 any day huh tim? I had to bail early due to my old lady but staying seemed like the winners idea. temps came down and NO ONE in line! You kidding me? Hell you could have showed up @ 12pm still got more then your monies worth.

peace